Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Republic of Congo, Canada
Now that the shows in the USA are complete and safari season is about to begin what have you booked for 2011?

I am going to Omay South in Zimbabwe for leopard, buffalo, plainsgame, and maybe tuskless if time and quota permits. Shaun Buffee will be my PH. It is our first time to hunt with one another, although we have spent time in camp and fished together. Of course my wife will join me on the hunt. This will be an early season hunt and everything will be green and thick. Timing will be good for leopard, but the buffalo and plainsgame will be a little more difficult.

We are planning on arriving in Victoria Falls to spend a couple of days sightseeing prior to starting the 15 days of hunting.

Omay South is one of Martin Pieter's concessions and is 1,000,000 acres in size and adjoins Omay North which is another 1,000,000 acres. That should give us a little room to move about.

Mike just a short note i am still in Mexico busy with my marketing, but i am sure the hunters and guys that would like to hunt is looking at the economics of the day in a different way, we have seen more hunts been booked up to now than the last four years, maybe the hunters had enough of sitting at home and would like to hunt again just my feeling.
Enjoy your hunt.
Johan

Hi Johan

I heard the same thing from some friends who went to DSC?

The bookings are defiantly picking up after a long drought, I am already looking for 2012.

Here is to the support of our clients it is great to see that things are on the up!;)

All the best of luck in Mexico.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Mike,
Nice talking to you at the show. My wife and are booked for Dall Sheep in Alaska of 2011, and ended up booking with Mark Haldane of Zambeze Delta Safaris in the swamps of Mozambique for 2012 - 2 buffs, sable, waterbuck, nyala, bushbuck, and bushpig. We are also planning a few days on the beaches of Benguerra Island. Good Luck with Chui.
Dustin

Calhoun, told me Reno was busy....but it was his first time too.

Glad to hear business is good.

Can't wait to hear about Mike's hunt.

Congradulations Dlove, I have heard a lot of good things on the area you are hunting in Mozambique...and the animal quality too.

Thanks Louis
I hope you will have a great season, we had the same in Houston much better than last year this time.
If all is well with our clients then all is well with us.
God bless
Johan

Dlove,
It was good talking to you and your wife in Reno. Good luck on both hunts. I love Alaska almost as much as Africa!!

Several operators I spoke to were very pleased with the Dallas show. Some said it was their best ever. Reno comments were mixed, some OK, some not very happy. Speaking to a travel agent they said the business was up overall with Tanzania bookings still lagging behind.

G'day Mike,
we met breifly when you stopped by in Dallas to see Mike Mc.

Best of luck on your planned Zim hunt look forward to seeing the results.

Great to see hunters getting out there supporting the industry and indulging in this great sport of ours !

Good health and good hunting to both your Wife and yourself, travel safely,
Paul.

Thank you Paul. It was good meeting you and Mike Mc in Dallas. That was the first time Mike and I met and it was like we were old friends. I guess we spent so much time testing bullets and sharing results it seemed like we knew each other for a long time.

One day we will make it to Australia. I would like to hunt buffalo and any other species you offer.

Good luck to you for your hunting season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross