Articles
Member of
AfricaHunting.com
Hunted
Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
Hubert Thummler, Big Game Hunter

watermark.php

Hubert Thummler, Big Game Hunter, with Damara Dik-Dik

Born of Germanic and Latin descent in Mexico City in 1929, Thummler began hunting at age 40, launching his passion for wildlife and wild places. Today he has hunted 42 countries on 6 continents, collecting 325 record-book trophies including several world records.

Thummler received the prestigious Weatherby Hunting and Conservation Award in 1992.

The Capstick Award is named for the well-known American author whose defense of hunting and conservation made him a household name. Thummler is not only a passionate hunter but also one who has traveled far for the trophies in his extraordinary big-game collection. He started hunting in Africa at the end of the “Golden Age” and was lucky enough to have packed in numerous safaris when the Big Five were still available in one hunt. In addition, he has hunted all the spiral horned antelope, with some being fantastic trophies. He has taken 325 record-book trophies (including several world records) from more than forty countries on six continents.

watermark.php

Hubert Thummler, Big Game Hunter, with Black Buck

“Wind in My Face” is the story of this great hunter’s lifetime search for big-game trophies around the world. In one story Thummler pursues that mythical mountain king, the markhor, a challenging animal to hunt, and he describes the Chitral area where he saw about one hundred of these animals feeding on new spring leaves on top of oak trees! This story ends with Hubert taking a markhor with a running shot and having the “great fortune that the only tree on a nearly treeless hillside kept the markhor from sliding at least 600 yards and into the river.” Then came the extraordinary story of Thummler sighting, at 150 yards, a snow leopard feeding on a dead markhor. He has shot every single category of sheep listed in the SCI record book and has the honor of having more varieties of sheep than any other hunter ever. In the world of big-game hunting there have been a lot of extraordinary individuals, but this Weatherby award winner surely ranks as one of the great hunters of the twentieth century.

This is the story of Thummler’s remarkable hunting career. In the book’s forward, Dr. Nicolas Franco of Madrid, Spain, wrote, “A great hunter is not one who has taken the best trophy or traveled the farthest to hunt. A great hunter is not one who has paid more or collected the largest number of game animals. For me a great hunter is one who has the passion to pursue game in a fair chase and enjoy the hunt no matter what the outcome. Hubert Thummler is, indeed, a great hunter.”

watermark.php

Wind In My Face by Hubert Thummler. Hubert Thummler ranks as one of the great hunters of the 20th century. A great hunter is not one who has paid more or collected the largest number of game animals. For me a great hunter is one who has the passion to pursue game in fair chase and enjoy the hunt no matter what the outcome. Hubert Thummler is, indeed, a great hunter. (From the foreword by Nicolas Franco) Thummler is not only a passionate hunter but also one who has traveled far for the trophies in his extraordinary big-game collection. He started hunting in Africa at the end of the Golden Age and was lucky enough to have packed in numerous safaris when the Big Five were still available in one hunt. In addition, he has hunted all the spiral horned antelope, with some being fantastic trophies. He has taken 325 record-book trophies (including several world records) from more than forty countries on six continents. Wind in My Face is the story of this great hunters lifetime search for big-game trophies around the world. In one story Thummler pursues that mythical mountain king, the markhor, a challenging animal to hunt, and he describes the Chitral area where he saw about one hundred of these animals feeding on new spring leaves on top of oak trees! This story ends with Hubert taking a markhor with a running shot and having the great fortune that the only tree on a nearly treeless hillside kept the markhor from sliding at least 600 yards and into the river. Then came the extraordinary story of Thummler sighting, at 150 yards, a snow leopard feeding on a dead markhor. He has shot every single category of sheep listed in the SCI record book and has the honor of having shot more varieties of sheep than any other hunter ever. In the world of big-game hunting there have been a lot of extraordinary individuals, but this Weatherby award winner surely ranks as one of the great hunters of the twentieth century. This is the story of Thummlers remarkable hunting career.

Monish

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!