How To Post Photos In The Forum

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by AfricaHunting.com, Apr 8, 2009.

1. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    How To Post Photos In The Forum
    There are a few ways to include photos with your posts.

OPTION ONE - include photo(s) as an attachment or as attachment and within the post
    1.1. Once you have clicked on "New Thread" or "Post Reply" than "Go Advanced" scroll down to the section "Additional Options" and click on "Manage Attachments".
    1.2. A small window call "File Upload Manager" will open giving you three options:
    to select image(s) that you have previously uploaded, in this case just drag previously uploaded image(s) into the "Attachments" area to attach them to your post. To include the image(s) only as attachments, click the "Insert Attachment" button. To include the image(s) as attachments and into the post click the "Insert Inline" button.
    to upload image(s) from your computer, in this case click the "Add Files" button, once in "Upload Files from your Computer" click the "Select Files" button. Once you have selected the image(s) from your computer, click "Upload Files". It may take a few moments for your image(s) to upload. Your image(s) are now in the "Attachments" area of the "File Upload Manager". To include the image(s) only as attachments, click the "Insert Attachment" button. To include the image(s) as attachments and within the post click the "Insert Inline" button.
    to upload image(s) from a website, in this case click the "Add Files" button, once in "Upload Files from your Computer" select "Website", copy and paste the URL address of the image that you want to upload into "Enter URL of the file" box, click the "Upload" button. It may take a few moments for your image(s) to upload. Your image(s) are now in the "Attachments" area of the "File Upload Manager". To include the image(s) only as attachments, click the "Insert Attachment" button. To include the image(s) as attachments and within the post click the "Insert Inline" button.
    1.3. Go back to the main window, your image(s) are now attached to your post. They will appear with your post as an attachment or as attachment and into the post depending on your selection once you click on "Submit New Thread" or "Submit Reply".

OPTION TWO - include photo(s) into the post

I. If the image(s) are already located on a website, you can post them as follows.

1.1. Once you have clicked on "New Thread" or "Post Reply", place your cursor within your post where you want to include the image and click on the "Insert Image" icon [​IMG], select the tab "From URL", enter the address / URL of the image, uncheck the box "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and click "OK". To find out the address / URL of an image, simply right click directly on the image, select "Properties", a small window will open, under "Image Properties" copy the address / URL of the "Location:", here is an example: http://www.africahunting.com/hunting/african-hunting-safari.gif. This will automatically enter in the code so that the image just appears.

Like that...
    [​IMG]

It will look like the following code, except that I changed the first and last square brackets [] to {} so that you can see the code:
    {img]http://www.africahunting.com/hunting/african-hunting-safari.gif[/img}

Note: Image(s) bigger than 550 pixel wide will be automatically resized to 550 pixels in width to fit the layout of the forum.

II. If the image(s) are located on your hard drive, you can post them as follows.
    1.1. If you have the image(s) on your hard drive, you will first need to upload them to be hosted on the internet.

There are a few image hosting companies on the internet to choose from. A very popular one is photobucket, this company offers free upload of all your images and videos. From there, you can host and share your photos with anyone you want to...

Another solution is to upload the image(s) in the Photo Gallery of AfricaHunting.com, click here to go there. It is free and AfricaHunting.com will host your pictures as long as there is a category for it.

1.2. Once you have uploaded your image(s) in your photobucket account or AfricaHunting.com Photo Gallery membership account, simply locate the image(s) that you want to include in your post and find out the address / URL of an image, simply right click directly on the image, select "Properties", a small window will open, under "Image Properties" copy the address / URL of the "Location:", here is an example: http://www.africahunting.com/hunting-pictures-videos/watermark.php?file=133.

1.3. Once you have clicked on "New Thread" or "Post Reply", place your cursor within your post where you want to include the image and click on the "Insert Image" icon, select the tab "From URL", enter the address / URL of the image, uncheck the box "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and click "OK". This will automatically enter in the code so that the image just appears.

Like that...
    [​IMG]

It will look like the following code, except that I changed the first and last square brackets [] to {} so that you can see the code:
    {img]http://www.africahunting.com/hunting-pictures-videos/watermark.php?file=133[/img}

OPTION THREE - contact AfricaHunting.com
    You can always contact us if you need help.

2. nsok

nsok AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Manage attachments

Hi Jerome,

Trying to answer with a picture attached, I go to Go Advanced and then press Manage Attachments but does not work. What could be the problem?

3. nsok

nsok AH Veteran

My Photos:
    My problem is that I click on Manage Attachments and does not work, no window open

4. AfricaHunting.com

My Photos:
    Yes when you click on "Manage Attachments" a small window should open... What browser are you using?

5. AfricaHunting.com

My Photos:
    I tested three major browsers, Google Chrome, Safari and firefox, all work perfectly fine... Have not tried Internet Explorer.

Do you get any sort of error message? Perhaps you have some sort of settings that block pop-up windows, did you check to see if the pop-up blocking options are disabled in the settings options of your browser?

6. edward

edward AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    safari club,nra
    Hunted:
    south africa and zimbabwe
  7. edward

edward AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    safari club,nra
    Hunted:
    now,how to get this in my pics?

8. AfricaHunting.com

My Photos:
    Edward, I am having some issues with the Photo Gallery and the photo upload is not functional at the moment. This issue should be resolved by early next week, you will then be able to upload your pictures again to your gallery.

9. edward

edward AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    safari club,nra
    Hunted:
    GREAT!!!