How to Become A Professional Hunter In Africa

shakari

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Just launched my book 'How to Become A Professional Hunter In Africa' in hardcover!

Thought I'd let you know that the 2nd edition of my book 'How to Become A Professional Hunter In Africa' is now available by clicking HERE or How to Become A Professional Hunter In Africa

watermark.php

How To Become A Professional Hunter In Africa by Steve Robinson

You should also be able to order it from your local bookshops fairly soon and the ISBN number is: 978-1-4475-3982-7

The book is hardcover with dustjacket, about 62000 words. almost 90 images and chapters on:

1 How To Get Started
2 South African PH Training Syllabus
3 PH Training Advice
4 Back to School - African PH Training
5 Getting Your First PH Licence
6 Hunting Legalities
7 Getting Operational
8 Firearms & Ammunition
9 Hunting Kit
10 Building Camp In A Wilderness Area
11 Fly Camps
12 Developing A Hunting Area
13 Hunting Trucks
14 Hunt Marketing
15 Hunt Management
16 Taxidermy
17 Health
18 Top Tips, Handy Hints & Summary

And I've managed to keep the price down to US$47.99 or UKP29.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think it's a great idea to post it. I'm sure some people would love to read it.

There have been a few questions about this subject lately. Your link does not seem to be working, you may want to update it.

The lulu.com site seems to be having problems with posted links today so probably the best thing to do is go to Lulu.com and then enter 'How to Become A Professional Hunter In Africa' into the search box and the book will come up.

Sorry about that chaps!

Reviews for How to Become A Professional Hunter In Africa

With Jerome's kind permission (what a nice man he is!), here's a few extracts from the reviews:

What the reviewers and other Professional Hunters say about the book:
This book will be referred to in the future as the PHs ‘bible’ - Jason van Aarde. PH.

If you are thinking of a career in professional hunting, then this book would be a great place to start. – John Harris. PH.

A brutally frank discourse on a profession that is as rewarding as it is challenging. – Ira Rivers. African Hunter magazine.

This book should be compulsory reading at all PH Schools. Pierre van der Walt. PH & author.

The only problem with this book is that I didn’t have it about ten years ago. – Wikus Groenewald. PH.

I think you will need two copies. One for the hunting truck and another for the bookshelf. – Shaine Derrick. Director, Centrefire UK.

The scope & depth of knowledge required to be a PH in Africa is astounding and it’s something you don’t fully realise until you’ve read this book.

Anyone reading this book will get a most illuminating insight into the safari business, gaining an appreciation of just what goes into organising an African hunting safari and the role of the Professional Hunter. – Peter Lang. Veteran safari hunter.

Written in a light but authoritative style the author takes you through the trials and tribulations of becoming part of (and being successful in) the African Hunting Safari industry. Well illustrated with many pictures and peppered with his experiences as an Englishman who came to Africa some thirty years ago and made a success of life as a Professional Hunter and Safari Operator, the book really is an invaluable asset to anyone thinking of a career as an African PH.

But in truth it is more than that, it is an up to date insight into the world of Professional Hunting in Africa and will be of as much interest to clients and African hunting buffs as to prospective Professionals.

The book is entertainingly structured featuring not only the authors work but contributions from others. From Cites to cisterns, buffalo to bullet performance all aspects of life as a PH are covered. Steve does not pull his punches and quickly dispels romantic illusions that some might have of the industry.

If you ever wanted to know how to construct a top quality wilderness hunting camp, manage staff and clients and the thousand other things that are required of the modern African PH then this is the only readily available source.

The author’s passionate and non-apologetic approach to African game is relevant throughout the book, as he concentrates on the subject of hunting rather than it’s continual justification. – John Wilkes. PH. (Australia)

And I didn't have to bribe any of them! :) :) :)

"Buckhunterbowen" was interested in this subject.
I sent him a PM with the link.
Hope he grabs the book. he sure sounded like a young man motivated to come and guide in Africa, if he could get a chance.

Steve,

Thanks for authoring this great book , sure is going to be very very useful for the wanna be PH's in making .

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luchkabody

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!