How the ban on lion hunting killed the lions

observe

Contributor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Association of SA, SAGA, Primitive hunting [Spear @ Bow]
Hunted
R.S.A,Namibia,Venda

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, I wonder how many walked away enlightened and how many simply walked away?

Thinking before acting.... Novel concept.

Cheetah, Leopard and Lions.. Go find one on a cattle farm in Botswana.
After you do, run home a buy a lottery ticket. You are a very lucky person.

Color me enlightened. Several points of his discussion could be applied toward hunting of other species, and the Gun Control debate in the US. History shows that rash decisions often lead to dire consequences. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for posting this Observe. TED Talks have a great reputation, especially, I would suggest, among those who are against our sport, or at least sceptical about it. This is a very useful reference to refer people to.

Unfortunately, I believe that in a a few years, we will be able to say the same thing about Elephants and just about every other large mammal in Botswana. Same as Kenya. A shame more people can't be at least marginally rational.

.........This is a very useful reference to refer people to. ...........

Yup, this is now my anti hunting hero. Awesome reference.

My favorite part is how he actually explains how lion hunting helps conservation. He tells why lions were able to coexist with cattle farmers and what happened once hunting was banned.

The other thing I like about this is that he isn't 100% pro-hunting. He seems to be more or less neutral and even against lion hunting. Yet he still knows that it's the best solution we have to preserving Africa's big cats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg