How many forum members does it take .....

Kiwi505

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Terrace Rod and Gun Club
Hunted
Canada, New Zealand
.... To change a light bulb?

1 To change the light bulb and to post that the lightbulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the ligh bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing lightbulbs

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing lightbulbs

13 to flame the spell checkers

18 to correct spelling/grammars flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

5 know-it-alls who "claim" they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

6 to email the participants ISP's complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

4 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum

23 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off topic forum, and light bulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

11 to defend the posting to this forum, saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this forum

1 to show everyone how he didn't have to change the bulb but fixed it up with duct tape and baling" wire and wants to know if he has now qualified for "Redneck Status"

3 willing to let him have honorary status

15 saying that he is disqualified because his fix actually worked and continues to function and besides nobody was hurt during the repair

1 to ask if the changer was sure that the light bulb was full curl

6 jumping up to argue that it was/wasn't full curl and that they're willing to bet huge sums of money on it

3 to claim that since they have superior visual skill's they don't need those "damn magnum bulbs"

27 to say that the new energy saving bulbs will never replace the old standards and speculate which models will be discontinued in 5-10 years

1 to ask "can you kill an elk with a light bulb?"

Another one to say "Yeah, but a heavy bulb penetrates better and are more likely to make up for poor placement"

8 will insist that the light trajectory from a fixture featuring multiple 60 watt bulbs is flatter then the trajectory of a single big-bore bulb of the same total wattage

8 others will insist upon the opposite view, using Taylor Knock-out values as evidence

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs works best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links that they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "what he said"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

14 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

20 to wonder why some of these people don't read their owners manual instead of asking the whole world where the light bulb is, what type it is, and how to change it. But they don't want to put such a question.

8 to say that fluorescent is far superior to incandescent

12 to refute that it makes no difference whether on uses incandescent or fluorescent

3 to say that they "know someone" who was blinded by the use of incandescent's and that only an inexperienced person or an outright fool would choose anything other than fluorescent

3 to state that they have tried reading upside down using incandescent's and still can see absolutely no difference between the two

1 to put his incandescent bulbs in nothing but fibreglass swirly coloured light fixtures

6 to condemn anyone using grid power, obvious from their reference over which type to use and demand that everyone switch to eco-friendly candles

6 to push for further development of LED clusters

3 posters to claim it's all George Bush's fault

1 to ask if Al Gore was claiming to have invented the light bulb

And one forum lurker to respond to the original poster 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Sounds a lot like another forum...

I know, this post is years old... Someone had to do the lurking, yep? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
1 to correct the spelling from "doses" to "does".

Don't think we have heard from the Kiwi for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzannaVal

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg