Sable Taxidermy Pictures

A sable full mount is quite majestic, is only I had the room:sneaky::whistle:

Sadly, I told them shoulder mount when they were caping it. I hope there is enough there for a pedestal now. I wish I had posted this before I left. (Live and Learn) Can anyone post a picture of their shoulder mounts too so I could reference them?

havent got my hides back from jonas bros yet,but when i do im having my sable done by my guy in a floor pedestal mount.

Good news! I got word there is enough skin for a pedestal mount. I was considering a wall pedestal. Has anyone had experience with wall pedestals? Can you take them off the wall later and put them on a regular pedestal later? I am wondering what angle to mount the head. (straight vs. left/right) Anyone have any experience with this?

My sable is being tanned right now. I plan on a 90 degree left turn on a pedestal. I really want one of The Wildlife Galleries pedestals. I think that they look amazing.

Good news! I got word there is enough skin for a pedestal mount. I was considering a wall pedestal. Has anyone had experience with wall pedestals? Can you take them off the wall later and put them on a regular pedestal later? I am wondering what angle to mount the head. (straight vs. left/right) Anyone have any experience with this?

if you get your taxidermy , mounted looking straight , you can pretty much hang them every where ,
with turns , either left or right , you can really only place them on certain walls , or sometime they are looking the wrong way....
im glad the left enough cape for a pedastel mount , you gotta be happy about that , then again an expensive animal to hunt , they prolly didn't want to take the chance of not keeping you happy

im talking with karoo taxidermy right now , abourt getting something real cool done with the one im hoping to hunt at takeri ,in Zambia real soon .
something like a wall pedastel mount on a floor pedestal with one or both front legs, a wicked twist on a turning neck , lots of ideas , but will proberly change my mind by the time it happens .
going to get the ;lads to full cape him ,so the imagination can run with it .....

impossible to tell you what to do.it all depends on where in your room you are going to put it.im having mine done on a pedestal mount.wall pedestal mounts are great.i just think this animal deserves to have something special.

No room for a pedestal mount at the time it was taxidermied.....so just a shoulder mount.
DSC02039.JPG

good looking mount!

unique head gear ....

When the day comes for me to get mine I will full body mount it.

it would cost about the same as the trophy fee, to full body mount a sable in Australia..........

l like all that white on his face ..........
30 wide , is a fair spread...

I had my Roosevelt sable done in a fighting full body mount.Sorry I can,t show picture,s John

Pedestal for sure and don't' scrimp on nice habitat...

As a taxidermist I try to discourage straight poses as a little turn either way makes them look more alive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois