How about these choices?

Discussion in '.375 & Up' started by Thunder head, Feb 23, 2011.

1. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I agree with what you guys are saying about customizing a gun to get it's maximum performance. I think fixing the muzzle crown....would mean selling the gun for me.

I agree sestoppelman, more often than not...the stock is the culprit of most accuracy.

A nice trigger helps a lot, but you can learn how to handle a trigger...if the stock is messed up...you are screwed.

I have never shot a huge big bore....so Ed might be right about the trigger being to far forward. I personally love the set trigger...wish it was on every gun.

2. Double D

Double D AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Canada, Kyrgyzstan
    From experince with the .375 H+H on four hunts and the .375 Ruger on one hunt in Africa, I can say that the confidence in a rifle that feeds as smothly as the H+H round in a model 70 is hard to beat. The Ruger does not feed as well. Anyone who has used the .375 H+H will likely agree about the feeding point. Ballisticly there is nothing to choose between the two rounds.

3. sestoppelman

sestoppelman SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia, South Africa (2)
    I could not agree more with the above.