Horned Female Pictures

BudMan

Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
U.S. and South Africa.
Common Duikers, male and female with horns. Female with horns is pretty rare. I shot a second female with horns and the concession owner decided to have it mounted for his game room.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought for a moment this was going to be a mother-in-law story. Very cool though, thanks for sharing.

That is a very uncommon trophy.

Thanks for sharing .

Thank you for sharing BudMan!

Here below is a picture posted by AH member @Blueduiker along with the following caption:

Grey Duiker, 4" horned female
Rather typical for this part of the Moordernaars Karoo, but uncommon elsewhere. A Grey Duiker female with symmetrical 4" horns.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, I would settle for a horned male lol, they are rare enough for me. Next time.

Learn something new every day around here. Very cool....

So how uncommon is this? I didn't even realize that duiker females had horns.

Last edited:
Very interesting I would say

I was told by the PH that the region we were in, near the VanderKloof dam in The Northern Cape Province, it was not uncommon to see female Common Duikers with horns. The first one I shot was a female with horns. Then I was trying for a male with horns and the PH told me to shoot and the second was also a female with horns. The third one was a smallish male, but at least a male so I took it. The owner of the concession was so enamored with the second female that he asked if he could mount it for his game room and I was all for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross