Hornady.......

I have enjoyed what the SST and Interbond offer but realize there is room for improvement. Lucky for me I bought most of my bullets when Bush was in office and everything was cheap. I agree with everyone, Africa hunts are not cheap and we should use the best bullets available, that's common sense.

I have enjoyed what the SST and Interbond offer but realize there is room for improvement. Lucky for me I bought most of my bullets when Bush was in office and everything was cheap. I agree with everyone, Africa hunts are not cheap and we should use the best bullets available, that's common sense.

I got spooked when Obama got in and stocked up on bullets, primers and powder. Still working my way through, long way to go ;)

If I had really been smart I would have stocked up on 223, 308 and 22. I could have bought a house with cash.

Well, those of us who thought Hornady's reason for having so many bullets marked as "Temporarily Suspended" was due to them preparing to launch a hot new product line were correct.

They've been preparing a big Long Range Bullet Launch. Fortunately it looks to be very similar to the Interbond and SST.

Now maybe they can get back to working on an improved bullet for large/dangerous game.

After reading the release it looks like this will only benefit those hunting two legged varmints in the sandbox( 400+ yards). Given Hornady has military contracts and the US in considering moving to expanding bullets (never signed the treaty) Hornady is set to make a fortune

Well at least they didn't claim to be greenies :Happy:

Reactions: lcq
After reading the release it looks like this will only benefit those hunting two legged varmints in the sandbox( 400+ yards). Given Hornady has military contracts and the US in considering moving to expanding bullets (never signed the treaty) Hornady is set to make a fortune
Well if they perform as designed and as we're being told this will be an excellent bullet for all of our deer and sheep here in the US and should perform very well even on Elk and Moose at extended ranges which is often what we're stuck with.

Often in the Rockies you will find yourself on one ridge shooting anywhere from 400-800yds or more over to the next ridge or valley.

Totally different styles of hunting from what I saw in SA but this bullet I should think should give truly excellent performance on all of the plains game as well.

All that hype over a polymer tip with a higher melting point and higher specific heat? Changes everything?

It modestly improves BC at long range. It appears this new bullet does have a nice starting BC and if the description is accurate, the breakthrough technology helps maintain that BC a little better than previous plastic tips.

I'd love to see the ballistic tables of this vs the regular plastic tip on a similar shaped bullet. At the ranges where this matters at all, one must be very cognizant of one's range and drop anyway; as important is wind drift. I suppose "allows the shooter to hit a 10 inch target at 800 yards even if his estimation of range is up to 12 yards less accurate than would be required with competing technology" technically does change everything.

I suppose to be fair, a good long range hunting bullet that also performs well up close does have its uses. Perhaps it is poor business to tell the press that they have come up with a nice incremental improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross