AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD,CA) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
So last Saturday I attended a local DU banquet, with my wife, our oldest daughter and a friend of hers. During the course of the evening I was lucky enough to win two new guns, a Ruger LC9s and a Browning A bolt in 7mm Rem mag. My daughter's friend mentioned that she wouldn't mind having the pistol, she lives alone and would like to have one for protection. So I told her that if she takes the ladies handgun course that our local sportsmen's club is sponsoring that I would give her the pistol. She immediately went online and registered for the course and my daughter decided to take the course with her. I was very happy with those decisions, little did I know that my insistence on her taking the course would come back and bite me in the butt.
The next morning over breakfast my wife says to me " honey I've been thinking" and right away I'm thinking oh this can't be good. So she says to me, you really don't want or need that new rifle do you? I answered very carefully and in a shaky voice, no I really don't need it, (emphasis on the word need) why? She continued, well I was thinking that maybe you could sell the rifle and use the money to buy pistols for Stacey and me, then we can all take the handgun course together. I protested a little bit and told her that I could do that but that I wouldn't have anything left after buying the pistols and what would I have to show for winning 2 guns. And then she says that I would have the warm feeling from knowing that I did something nice for the two of them. How the hell do you argue with that?
Long story short my friend Albert came over to the house yesterday and picked up his new Browning 7mm Rem. mag. and my wife and I are taking a road trip this Friday to pick up the new pistols that I ordered from Grice's Gun Shop.

I'm still laughing. This story will only get better with each future telling. I'm sure that you are feeling about the same as I do when my 5 year old grandson asks me to show him which of the 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mausers in my safe is going to be his. I get a "chuckle" just thinking about it.

I'm still laughing. This story will only get better with each future telling. I'm sure that you are feeling about the same as I do when my 5 year old grandson asks me to show him which of the 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mausers in my safe is going to be his. I get a "chuckle" just thinking about it.
You know that was the next thing my wife said "at least it will give you something to talk about" .

@Shootist43, I have the same problem with my 17 yo daughter. I just bought an M&P 15-22 rifle to plink with.....After I let her shoot it, it suddenly became "Our new rifle", then after some more shooting, she was referring to it as "her new rifle" to some of her friends.....This was even after I reminded her that I am the one who paid for it.....I think this will be a loosing argument with her!

How does this happen???

First off that is hilarious!!!!

Secondly, I envy you. I have tried and tried to get my wife to shoot and even bought her a .22 pistol to shoot. She went I think twice just to make me happy, but isn't comfortable at all.... :(

Enjoy that they want to shoot. And, when you schedule that next hunt to Africa, I bet you'll have to pay for the them to go along and hunt too!

You put this in the humor section, but it's one of the best stories on the site. Kudos to your wife and daughter. Look at it this way, many more guns to buy for you if it takes off.

Enjoy that they want to shoot. And, when you schedule that next hunt to Africa, I bet you'll have to pay for the them to go along and hunt too!
lol, they've already been there. But your right they'll want to go back.

You put this in the humor section, but it's one of the best stories on the site. Kudos to your wife and daughter. Look at it this way, many more guns to buy for you if it takes off.
Ah man I didn't think about that.

Jduckhunter you made a very wise decision!

LOL, you've been played @jduckhunter! Please tell your wife I tip my hat to her, well done.

At the end of the day, you will feel good about it. Any woman worth marrying, is worth protecting.

If you play your cards right, you can cash in on a some sympathy loving, after parting with the rifle.:A Banana:

I hear $$$$ cash register.... Not really in your favor.... Maybe though.... You can parlay this if you play your cards right

sounds like my wife and daughter talking about guns and/or hunting trips (for them)

Replace the butt pads on your favorite rifles with steel, if they kick harder they wont be stolen.:D
This will eliminate the re-appropriation of your best guns

@jduckhunter ,

Perhaps this will entitle you to 1 or 2 "get out of jail free" cards with the wife in the future??

There are many worse problems to have!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg