AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Here are pictures of Honey Badger (also called Ratel) posted by members in AH Photo Gallery... Please share your pictures of Honey Badger here!

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool. Honey badgers are awesome! They are high on on my bucket list for my upcoming safari :)

the cook at Fox Safari's in Tanzania threw out fruit and vegetable peelings every night while dinner was served while we were there.. and this guy along with his friend, a bush baby that lived nearby, came out and dined with us each evening.. was pretty fun to watch them actually get along and take turns eating... they'd arrive in camp about the same time every night, leave together when they were both finished eating, etc..

DSC_0478.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures! but its one animal i could never hunt.

i would love to have a full mount of a honey badger that i was able to take.

20160714_180532.jpg

Poor man's leopard hunt.

Reactions: JKT
These guys look like mean, nasty, viscious little tanks! Congrats to all who have harvested one in this thread

i can afford a leopard,but if i ever go back to africa i will go for a honey badger.

i can afford a leopard,but if i ever go back to africa i will go for a honey badger.

The hunt is actually quite similar to a leopard hunt. You shoot some bait; you set up a bunch of bait sites and then monitor them (usually with a game cam); when you see something come to the bait, you build a blind and sit on it waiting for the badger to show up. When he does show, you have a tough shot, because this isn't a "wide" animal. Nerves aside, it might be easier to make a bad shot on a honey badger. And while they don't move nearly as quickly as a leopard, you'd be surprised just how fast something built like that can move.

Would love to get one of these!

i just like them.
me to !!
I couldn't shoot one either .
Saw one the first day in Namibia i could have shot , but no .
They eat snakes for gods sake , I love them !!!
I hate snakes !!!

They are a great small game trophy for the bow hunter too....

IMG_0418.JPG

full

As a disable person and a true hunter these African species were on my whish list from honey badger, bontebok, Livingstone eland to the tiny Damara dik-dik with the African bushveld after some good rains. My eldest son as my hunting buddy and always at my side.

full

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross