Holland and Holland .240 Apex ammo

kengladd

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase cartridges for my .240 Apex?

Kynoch? Maybe.

Well Midway show brass availability for ".240 belted rimless/ 240 Apex", and you can get reloading dies from Sinclair, so looks like you could reload for it. But I can't find any loaded ammunition.

I not a vintage British gun fundi but am I right that the 240 APEX is a necked down 300 H&H? Didn't Ruark hunt with one in Mozambique?

It looks like there are 34 rounds by DKT for sale on gunsinternational.com I don't know if this is what your looking for but hope this helps.

34 Rounds

I saw those 34 rounds but he can not seem to find them now, Looks like so far I'm going to have to have them made at Superior

I checked Kynamco as suggested by Mark above, and they do list it as being available. I don't know where you are, so this may or may not be practical for you. Link below
www.kynochammunition.co.uk
It's not illustrated but is in a link at the bottom of the page.

I not a vintage British gun fundi but am I right that the 240 APEX is a necked down 300 H&H? Didn't Ruark hunt with one in Mozambique?

Mark I think the cartridge your thinking of is the 244H&H witch can be made by drastically necking down the the 375H&H or any of its siblings that can then be trimmed down to 2.78inch. I think the 240 apex is its own design.

kengladd give quality cartridge a try. They are in the states here in Hollywood, MD and specialize in obscure and obsolete brass. You would then be able to reload for your wonderful old rifle and start enjoying it. It will probably be a little expensive but should last a long time. The web page is www.qual-cart.com Hope this will help you out. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Update

I am trying Quality and they are going to get back to me. I thought you would enjoy hearing the history of the rifle as supplied by Holland and Holland. They started making it in 1939 but because of the war the rifle was not completed till 1946. It shot in an inch and a half grouping when new and is a left handed gun. I will keep you posted as things develop.

I think they will be able to help you. Your rifle sounds really interesting. You should post some pics of it on here, I'd like to see it. Let me know how the brass buying goes.

Quality had the casings! I will post pictures and history as soon as I get it back from H&H. Looking forward to sharing the developments as they come with all of you. Thanks

kenglad how did this work out? It's been a while now, figured you might be shooting it by now.

.240 Apex

Thanks for your interest. Well I sent the gun to Holland and Holland in New York for a safety check and history. David there is handling it for me. At the moment he is on vacation but the last I heard he was waiting for ammo promised him. Hope to have it back in my hands in time for an upcoming trip to Uganda. Will post with pictures when I get it back

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase cartridges for my .240 Apex?

holland and Kynamco have them but wont sell them until they have measured your barrel as some were supplied undersize

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois