shuter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.roboliveauthor.com
Media
Hunted
Oregon, Montana
This level of handwork, craftsmanship, and attention to detail is mind-boggling to me. I covet a Heym PH in .500-3" NE (though I think I wish they were a pound or so heavier in that caliber).

Heym can make it heavier for you if you want. (y)

some day I will own a Heym 88b "safari".

-matt

Heym can make it heavier for you if you want. (y)

some day I will own a Heym 88b "safari".

-matt
Didn't know that. By installing reducers or by making the barrel profile heavier, or...? Yeah, the engraving on the Safari is pretty sweet. If I ever get to that point, maybe I'll step up.

I don't know their preferred method but the extra weight is likely added by putting lead in the stock.

-matt

I have decided to ressurect a Heym thread just to share some thoughts and gushings. I swear I don't work for Heym, but looking at their philosophy and the resulting master pieces I would say these people have it right and I am very happy I saved for one. Listen to the development story of the 89b and you can't help but be amazed at the level of excellence. My favourite bit is the proportion of the pancake cheek piece,

161F235E-F51C-4958-896A-C8FEE3FC0FCF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't know that. By installing reducers or by making the barrel profile heavier, or...? Yeah, the engraving on the Safari is pretty sweet. If I ever get to that point, maybe I'll step up.
Yip availible in 5 action sizes the 500 NE can be had in 3 of these I believe....can go as heavy as you need without compromizing on balance and fit....if you need more than that the 500 NE is not for you......

So I own an 88B and it has limited engraving. Does Heym offer the ability to add engraving to an already finished Double?

So I own an 88B and it has limited engraving. Does Heym offer the ability to add engraving to an already finished Double?
I am sure they can, however it might be cost prohibitive after the fact. It might also take a while.

There could be some fine engravers stateside.

I have decided to ressurect a Heym thread just to share some thoughts and gushings. I swear I don't work for Heym, but looking at their philosophy and the resulting master pieces I would say these people have it right and I am very happy I saved for one. Listen to the development story of the 89b and you can't help but be amazed at the level of excellence. My favourite bit is the proportion of the pancake cheek piece,

View attachment 426629

Thanks for sharing the video Kevin!

I have a Heym 26b, the poor man’s Heym o/u in 9.3 x 74r. Because it is such a light weapon, common, heavy 286 gr loads can “de-cock” the gun, hence no 2nd shot.
I made a cheap, easy recoil eater that uses both increased weight and progressive spring damping of recoil. I filled the stock hole with #4buck and left about 4” unfilled. I epoxied a penny, which is 1mm diameter less than the hole, to a ten pound recoil spring. Place the penny/ spring in the hole and cut spring so about 3-4 inches protrude. “squish” the butt plate back on carefully and re-attach. Voila! Extra weight and progressive, mechanical spring buffering. Really slows down the snap of recoil and makes it more of a “push” because the recoil energy is dispersed over more time due to weight inertia and spring compression.
I did the same with my Ruger .375 H&H except used 8, 20 ga Brenneke slugs with a spring on a nickel.

Last edited:
Watching the video makes me giggle a bit...clearly the brits got their doubles right a 100 + years ago.. :Cigar:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross