Hello from Texas

TXJim

Reaction score
Have been lurking around the forum for a while and decided to join in. My primary reason for joining was to develop contacts and develop a knowledge base to help me select a outfitter and PH for an African trip that I am planning for April/May of 2015. I am currently trying to decided between Namibia and South Africa. And have had contacts with two services: Thormalen & Cochran - Namibia and Stormberg - South Africa. Have searched the forum but can not find much on either. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jim,
Welcome to the forum. Both of those two that you have mentioned are top class outfits. We stay over with Stormberg sometimes, and I can guarantee that you will be well looked after. They are true gentleman, and run a class outfit.
Let me know if you need any more info.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

gday jim welcome and enjoy the site ,

Hi Jim welcome to AH

Marius gave you some good advise.

If you are asking, i think April is too early - May is better.

Welcome to AH Jim! You've picked two great outfits to look at good luck with the planning and let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome to AH Jim, I will actually be on my 1st hunt in your neck of the woods in a few weeks.

Marius would know. There are plenty of outfits with great reviews in the hunt reports forum as well if you care to check them out.

Good luck on your hunt

Welcome to AH Jim! I wish you'd have found us a couple weeks sooner. We'd have loved to meet you at the DSC convention, perhaps next year.

Welcome to AH TXJim! Nice to have you with us.

Howdy!!!!

You'll find an incredible amount of information here to plan your trip. I know I have!

Enjoy!!!

Welcome to AH, Jim !

Welcome to AH Jim.

Welcome to AH Jim.

Welcome to AH Jim,enjoy the planning!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Jim, Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg