Hello from Sweden

Thank you peter,

You have some trophy's with character.

Like the Warthog...:)

Welcome! I am a pictures kind of guy, when you get a chance please post some photos of roedeer hunting and your other hunts. It's always interesting to see animals and hunts from places I will never get to go to.
Hallo!
It is the same with me.
Read about Swedish hunting is not interesting!
Here is two pictures of roedeers I shot for my dog:
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0011.jpg

Unfortunately we have fast growing populations of wolfs that kills most of our game,and our huntingdogs.
We also have allot of lynx,bears and wolverines so There will be nothing to hunt here in a few years.

Thank you peter,

You have some trophy's with character.

Like the Warthog...:)
My wife is not so exited about the trophies,
I got them all sholdermounted.
I have to nail them up in our livingroom
when she were at work.:sneaky:

id love to hunt the wolf, the lynx especially and a wolverine , pete.
like your tracking collar .im looking for one for a small dog ,could you pleas post details and price please .
may a site where one could be ordered from , mate

id love to hunt the wolf, the lynx especially and a wolverine , pete.
like your tracking collar .im looking for one for a small dog ,could you pleas post details and price please .
may a site where one could be ordered from , mate
I use a Garmin Astro that I bought here in sweden.
They are much cheaper it the US but they use a frequency that is not allowed here.
It works good because it dont need telephone signal to work.
I have hunted lynx 3 times together with 45-50 men and a russian foxhound.
I shot lynx two first times.Good luck! We only had a few licenses in all Sweden.
Last year there was no hunting at all.
Wolves I have hunted i Latvia.Havent shot any but have caused the death of two
When I turned them when they run out on a feeld. Had borrowed an shotgun and
put out the buckshots and put in two hometurned steel sabotlike slugs and shot.
They ran in to the ring again and got shot.

I have one of them .the collar is the c40.
but its way to big for my old jack russel ..so its sitting in its box until she passes ,
do you you know of any smaller models ?
because shes blind as a bat but there no way in this world I can get out the gate with out her at my side .
when we hunt 90% of the time shes on to the samba deer before I know they are there .

Welcome Pete! Take care of the wolves before they take care of your deer!

Welcome to AH Pete. Would also like to hear more about your opinions on different GPS collars. Also have two Jack Russel tracking dogs ( One in training. I think he thinks he's training for a circus. Other one like a demon on blood)
Any advise?

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

if the circus dog has the demon to learn from , he will come up trumpps im sure , marius
my vidal is pretty good on blood herself .but I cant quite work out ,when we are stalking , as soon as she stops and starts eating the air , its game on .
once she lifts one of her back legs off the ground , and it starts shaking l just drop and wait for the bark or movement .from the deer.
I truly wish she would hunt with other dogs so I can get an apprentice to take over from her one day .but she wont hunt if theres another dog with us .

Hey Bluey,
I have to say that Rigby is a week short of being 4 months old, so maybe I'm being a little hard on him.....I have no doubt that Flex will show him the ropes. Rigby has already passed the gun test, and shows no signs of being gun shy or scared of the animals. No worries about the shots at all. If a gun goes, Flex drops his nose on the ground and starts searching. I have to lock him in the ute when we are checking rifles, as he's more down range than behind the shooting bench.
I have had instances of not finding any blood on the ground but sure of a hit. Then I radio for flex and tell him to search the area. If there is something, he'll find it. He's bayed Bushbuck in circumstances where I was still looking for blood on the ground, and hear him baying a couple of 100 yards away.
Strange that you talk about them "eating the air"
Some areas with the wind in our faces, I will have my tracker take Flex on a lead on our walk. I keep an eye on him and you can immediately see when he get's interested. At least then I expect to see something upwind from us, and its these taken half chances that always leaves a good feeling.
I just love watching my dog work. He's my hunting buddy, and all he asks for in return for finding animals and some instances putting his life at risk, is for me to throw him a stick immediately after doing his job.
Glad to hear you share the joy of a Jack Russel. They are special.

they truly are a special breed ,marius.
all vidal wants from a hunt is to perfume her self ,by rolling in the gutbag .and the praise ,
she over 16 years old now ,my wife used to say that she shed half her years when she would hear my ute coming of the highway , a minute or two before she always meets me at the gate .
ive said before , but she would follow me straight through the gates of hell , with out question .
up until right now , ive been considering , replacing her ,when she goes , with either an English pointer or a wiermarranier.

all vidal wants from a hunt is to perfume her self ,by rolling in the gutbag .

Whaahahaha....not another one!!!!! Must be a JR thing.

I have one of them .the collar is the c40.
but its way to big for my old jack russel ..so its sitting in its box until she passes ,
do you you know of any smaller models ?
because shes blind as a bat but there no way in this world I can get out the gate with out her at my side .
when we hunt 90% of the time shes on to the samba deer before I know they are there .
Have you tried a vest on your dog,than she can carry the transmitter on here back.
There are some for small dogs.
Before I used a Contact radio pejl.They have very small collars who use AA battery.
They have small collars with GPS funktions also.
How they works I dont know.
Everyone I know uses Garmin Astro.

Welcome Pete! Take care of the wolves before they take care of your deer!
I would risk 6 years in jail if I shot one!
To shoot a Lituanian berry picker only cost 600 us dollar!
A Swedish moosehunter shot on a few years ago.

Hi I would like to see some photos and costs for your hunting knives
Just check out my homepage: Petersknivar.n.nu there are all my knives and prizes.
1 US dollar ia about 7,4 swedish crowns.

Have you tried a vest on your dog,than she can carry the transmitter on here back.
There are some for small dogs.
Before I used a Contact radio pejl.They have very small collars who use AA battery.
They have small collars with GPS funktions also.
How they works I dont know.
Everyone I know uses Garmin Astro.

actually l did try her for a couple of hunts in a blaze orange vest , but being so small and active , she was getting hooked up on everything in the bush .
and was spending to much time un hooking her .
ive put up with waiting for her to find me for last few years , so it looks like I will for a few more;);)
she is my best mate in the bush , so I can live with this .
thanks peter , if you happen to hear of anything , like im looking for .
I will be right here , mate

Hi Pete, nice to find another guy from Sweden here! Nice trophies from Africa,they deserve a special place on your wall. Very nice drilling you hunt with,which calibers? Looks like you are up North, if you ever come South drop in with me so we can chat about Africa and knives!!! This year I managed to take two nice Rhoebock,one on opening weekend the other a day later.
IMAG0056_1.jpg
IMAG0063.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The last one was a nice trophy!
It is more fun with ugly trophy than a perfect 6.
Locks like it is an old one.
The drilling I use is a Merkel in 12-12-7X57R.

DSC_0016.JPG

This one I shot Last Weekend. Unfortunately not for my dog.

I have to agree Peter, the bottom was exceptional in that it had secondary growth from the one antler. That is a great combination for European hunting, I like the 7x57. Nice bock!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross