Hello from Montana

Discussion in 'Introductions & Greets' started by buffybr, Oct 28, 2009.

1. buffybr

buffybr AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, RMEF, Life member NRA and Manhatten (Montana) Wildlife Association
    Hunted:
    USA(CO,MT,WY,AK,TX), Canada(NWT), Zim(Matetsi), RSA(Limpopo,KZN,Free State,Eastern Cape), New Zealand
    Hi all. This looks like a great forum to be part of. Africa has become a special place for me, and this forum is a great place to re-live memories and to dream of future hunts.

I grew up in Colorado, and began hunting when I was in college and living summers in NW Colorado. After college, I moved to Montana and have called this place home for almost 40 years.

I had some fantastic hunting here in Montana in the late 70's and 80's, taking good trophies of most of Montana's big game species on DIY hunts.

I went on my first guided hunt in 1999 to the MacKenzie Mountains in Canada's NW Territories to take a great Dall ram, Mtn Caribou, and Wolverine. I returned to NWT in 2004 to hunt two more caribou and a huge Musk ox.

I made my first hunt to the Limpopo Province of South Africa in 2000 and took 7 species of Plains Game. I returned to Africa in 2005 for a Buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe and for more Plains Game in KW Natal and the Free State of RSA. My last trip to Africa was in 2007 where I hunted a dozen species on several concessions in the Eastern Cape region of South Africa.

I also play a lot of golf, shoot skeet and trap every week, do a lot of reloading, and have done the stock work on quite a few of my rifles.

2. billrquimby

billrquimby AH Veteran

Member of:
    Safari Club International, Lander One Shot Antelope Hunt Past Shooters Club
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, Spain, Argentina, Mongolia, New Zealand
    Welcome, buffybr.

You sound like an interesting fellow, except for that four-letter word, "golf." :)

Bill Quimby

3. ndbwhnter

ndbwhnter AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa
    Welcome aboard buffybr, don't let Bill give you a hard time about "golf". I go out and drink beer, I mean "golf" too.

nd

4. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Welcome to AH buffybr! You'll fit in here just fine, I know everyone here feels the same way.

I really enjoyed looking at your trophy photo gallery. For anyone interested to look at his great collection of trophy photos you can click here or in his Stats box of his post header on the number next to View My Photos.

Glad that you decided to join us and look forward to reading your posts!

Bill, some women believe that golf, hunt and fish are all four-letter words! :laughing:

5. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Hi Buffybr, we hunted together in the NWT in 2004 for caribou. I'll never forget that trip! You are very serious hunter and fisherman. Welcome to the website. Congradulations on all the fine animals you have taken in Africa.

It's because of meeting Buffybr, that I got into SCI and a lot of of things in my life.

6. Bushwack

Bushwack AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
    Hi Buffybr,

Welcome to AH.

7. Leeukop Safaris

Leeukop Safaris AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Hi buffybr.

Welcome to AH.