Hello from London

Primo661

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa
Hi, my names Andrew, and I have a problem. I joined up a couple years ago and haven't really done anything since then so I thought I might introduce myself and get more involved in the site and community.

I'm a South African who grew up hunting and fishing on ours and friends farms. I've only hunted with a rifle previously, something I can't wait to change! The archery and bow hunting bug recently bit me and I'm obsessed. Its a massive pity I now live in one of the least bow hunting friendly countries I could choose to live in but hunting season is coming up back home in SA and I'm in the process of planning a hunt at the moment. For obvious reasons I can never do it enough, but I love my hunting and every year around about this time I get the itch to start developing loads, sighting rifles in, find new areas to hunt and come up with new tactics to try out.

I bought a bow two weeks ago after watching from a distance my uncles passion for the sport grow over the years. I was bitten immediately and brought my new bow back to the UK to discover what seems like very little support from archery clubs in London for high poundage compound bows, which is slightly disappointing. Does anyone know of any clubs that allow the use of or even support the big hunting bows in London? It would be even better if this club was focussed on bow hunting if possible?

Since joining the British Army, I've become rather enamoured by the simple is better approach to my hunts. Harry Selbys memoires describing the original, 3 month safaris that were about the experience rather than intensive 10 day bag centric hunts that they've turned into have influenced this view. I've become focussed on less gear, less toys and more emphasis on my skill and the experience of being out in nature. I've always enjoyed the stalk so this idea is just an extension of that. I don't have a problem using the best weapon available but that's as far as it goes.

Cheers

gday primo
welcome and enjoy the site
im pretty sure l read on another thread recently ,that bow hunting is banned in uk.

Thanks for the welcome bluey!

I know it is, unfortunately it seems to have always been that way and it seems it always will be. There is a british bow hunting association made up of bow hunters that hunt either in Europe or other overseas destinations. My hunting will be limited to hunts in South Africa when I travel home. I'm just hoping there's more people over here who, like me, would like to brush up on my technique and fine tune my equipment like any hunter would in their spare time in preparation for the hunt.

Welcome to AH Andrew! Looking forward to your contribution.

You are in a tough spot.

London and Bow hunting, damn. Hope someone can help you out.

Could head down to the Palace, I'm sure a fellow hunter letting loose a couple of arrows should not be too big an issue.

Welcome!

And thank you for your service.

Welcome to AH Andrew, hope you find the info you are looking for.

Welcome to AH Andrew! well there's always target shooting til you get back home to try your skills out. Have fun with it all things happen in time.

welcome back.At least you can return to SA and hunt with the strength of the GBP now.

Welcome to AH, Andrew !

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Welcome to AH, Andrew!

Welcome Andrew hope you enjoy it here, its a great site for hunt addicts!!!!

My best always.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys!! The more time I spend on here, the more I realise what a fantastic place this is. Very little bickering like many other online forums, brand worship and brand bashing is almost non existent and everyone is always trying to help out the less experienced and contribute to discussion. Its a great advertisement to outsiders for the lifestyle we live, thats for sure!

Thanks for all the welcomes guys!! The more time I spend on here, the more I realise what a fantastic place this is. Very little bickering like many other online forums, brand worship and brand bashing is almost non existent and everyone is always trying to help out the less experienced and contribute to discussion. Its a great advertisement to outsiders for the lifestyle we live, thats for sure!

hey primo didn't anyone tell you this is the best forum on the net ....

james grange , I thought that was your job , cobber..:ignore:

Hi and welcome to AH, you have definitely found the absolute best hunting site on the net hands down

Welcome to AH, too bad about the bowhunting situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,