Hello from Ivan Carter

Discussion in 'Introductions & Greets' started by Ivan Carter, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Shakey

Shakey GOLD SUPPORTER AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    US, Canada, RSA (Limpopo, Eastern Cape), Zimbabwe (Omay North X 2, Dande Safari Area, Dande East), Botswana
    Welcome to the forum Ivan! I had the pleasure of attending your "Beasts of Legend" talk at the DSC in January. Your wife was a nervous wreck because you were late, but then you arrived and explained that you had taken time to address the young folks who were visiting the convention that day. You truely are a class act. Can't wait to hear some of your advice and opinions on the various topics that get discussed on this forum! Once again, welcome!

2. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    Awesome to have you join the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I really look forward to your input, Thanks for sharing the Tanzania info with me a couple of weeks ago.

My very best always.

3. Dinsdale

Dinsdale AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Oh my.....wait til' the AR folks find out they have to share.

Enjoy your time here.

4. tap

tap AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    ar? i saw ivan over there. then i made my first post and mentioned i had no desire to hunt elephant and got slammed. beware the elephant hunters over there ivan. their a serious bunch. i would however like to know your take on your carrer if you ever get the time to elaborate. myself along with others think you have the dream job. that being getting paid to hunt africa. i can honestly say you have never had a client kill a thing. you and your trackers do the mental work, tracking, and guessing game with the animals. your clients only follow you around and pull the trigger. when i guide friends and family i never view it as their kill but as my game that i won because i outsmarted the animal. i know you have to feel similarly about your hunts. with that does it ever get tiring? do you ever experience the rut of a normal job or do you absolutely love your job and life at this point in the game for you? i know the family time is difficult so how would you rate your current position?

5. Ivan Carter

Ivan Carter AH Senior Member

Member of:
    DSC NRA SCI ZPHGA GRAND SLAM IPHA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe Botswana South Africa Namibia Mozambique Tanzania Zambia england Spain Hungary Poland Netherlands Germany USA Argentina
    tap ,
    thanks for the post ..
    i have to respectfully disagree when you say none of my clients has ever killed a thing ...on the contrary , i involve my clients in most decisions and they always feel an important part of the whole experience , its not just their shot ...lots more goes into it.

its always a juggle between hunting and family ..i very much love what i do , as soon as that stops for me i will change it up , there are certain hunts and situations i avoid but i am lucky enough to hunt a variety of countries and a variety of game so i am always excited for the next hunt to start ..

kind regards
    imc

6. Kowas Hunting Safaris

Kowas Hunting Safaris AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAPHA, DSC, SCI
    Hunted:
    NAMIBIA, AFRICA.
    Ivan, a warm welcome to you on this forum. We know that this forum will only benefit from your presence. Please take the time on a regular basis to share with us your experience, stories, advise and input you can give.

Enjoy this community which shares a mutual passion...

7. Heym 88

Heym 88 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    DSC
    Hunted:
    US
    BIG WELCOME IVan! Hope to do some Buffalo Hunting with you in the near future.

8. MT Griz

MT Griz AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Namibia, USA- Montana, Alaska
    Welcome to the AH form Ivan! I had the great pleasure to meet you and shake your hand while standing in line at the Reno airport, post SCI convention 2010. You truely are a class act! I look forward to your input and comments. Stay safe!