Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA/SCI
Hunted
USA (Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Montana) South Africa (Freestate and Limpopo
Hello all,
My wife and I are starting the planning for a June 2013 African Safari hunting plains game in the Limpopo area.
It is our 25th anniversary this year and we were looking at going on an Alaskan cruise to celebrate. We almost had the tickets bought when this opportunity came up. I told my wife that this sounded better than any boat ride, and she agreed.
We are both hunters here in Idaho, hunting deer, elk, antelope, and birds. We own and operate a hay and wheat farm as well as work full time outside of the farm. Getting free time to go and enjoy seems to get harder every year.
Every day I stop and read an article on AH. It is one of my highligts that I look forward to every morning. The great advise and information that is available here is outsanding and a great help for first timers like my wife and I.
We look forward to using the help found on AH to help us set up what I am sure will be the first of many adventures.
Thanks to all in advance for helping us make the most out of our trip.
JTT

Welcome JTT! This is a great place for the 1st timer to plan a trip to Africa. There is a warning that many will give you, so I'll just be the first. Plan on returning! If you go once you will go again if at all possible. You'll just have to trust us on that one.

Ahhhh, Idaho. This is the time when I miss it the most. I lived in Pocatello for about 9 years before moving to Arizona. It's of course turning to hell right now here just as the trout fishing is coming into full swing. If I were still there I could just about promise you I'd be found after work on a stream somewhere throwing a fly.

Enjoy AH and ask all the questions you may have. But to get things started, do you have any ideas of where you want to go and for what species?

Welcome also. ID is my refuge, live in the Panhandle when in the US.

I do cruising and hunting in SA, you made a good choice. Don't overlook the opportunities in KZN, my other home.

Welcome to AH.
Happy planning.
Hunting in Africa beats a boat ride any day of the week! Happy Anniversary.

Welcome,you are going to love Limpopo,visit once and you will return!

Welcome to AH JTT! Enjoy planning your hunt and feel free to ask any questions!

Welcome and enjoy all the planning ! You will definately swop all future cruises !

Welcome, Limpopo is a wonderful place you won't be disappointed!!!!
which outfitter are you hunting with???

JTT welcome to the forum, YES, much better thatn a boat ride

Hello from another Idahoan!!!

I live in South-Central Idaho and made some fantastic connections here on AH. I hooked up with a great booking agent that we used for our first trip in 2010 hunt to Namibia. We just got back from another hunt with the same PH in April. At this point, I'm hopelessly addicted.

Send a PM if you'd like info on contact information, taxidermy options, or just to say hi.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH JTT! You've come to the right place to get the info you need for planning your trip you and your wife will love Africa my wife still wants to sell the farm and move there. If you haven't selected an outfitter yet be sure to check out Spiral Horn Safaris they run a top notch outfit in Limpopo. Good Luck and Happy Anniversary.

JTT

Welcome to AH

Welcome JTT!

What a great way to celbrate 25 years of mariage!!! Very cool that y'all can enjoy huntng together!

Welcome to AH!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
The combined knowledge of everyone here on AH is mind boggeling. I guy could never get tired of reading all of the stories, reports, looking at the photos. It really gets the blood pumping in anticipation.
We are located about a half hour noth of Idaho Falls, ID. Spent last saturday fly fishing Warm River above Ashton. Had a great time.
The wife and I purchased a 4 day hunt package for blue wildebeest, impala, and warthog with Numzaan safaris at a Friends of the NRA banquet back in February. We have since upped it to a 10 day hunt and added kudu, gemsbok, red hartebeest, and springbuck to the ever growing list of species we would like to hunt. The wife is already starting a list for our return trip.
With the information we have read in several articles on AH we have contacted Lori with Travel Express to help us with our travel arrangements.
There is a lot of new experiences ahead of us, but it is comforting to know that we have the knowledge here on AH to help us along the way.

Welcome to the forum, JTT, you made a wise choice when deciding to go to the Limpopo instead of a cruise, and you will certainly return to Africa.

Dang namit DOCMAN you beat me to the question.

Hay JTT, loads of fun and anticipation are coming your way. Save some animals for the next trip cuz for sure there will be one. Look up addiction in the dictionary and hang it on the fridge door!
:welcome:..what firepoles do you hunt with..?

The wife will be shooting a SAKO Finnbear 270 with 160gr Nosler partitions. I will take my 20 year hunting partner 30.06 Remington 700BDL shooting 220gr Nosler partitions. I also have a Ruger 300 Win Mag, but the .06 and I have been hunting a long time and she is just proven herself tried and true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross