Hello from Idaho

Jcordell

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
National Rifleman Association, DAV
Hello. I'm a lifelong gun collector. I focus mainly on revolvers , but I like all types of vintage firearms. I'm currently a police officer and I served 14 years in the United States Army (1986-2000). No combat tours. I'm not a hunter, but the past few years I've become fascinated with African hunting and dangerous game hunting. I'm also a member over on the NE forums where I go by Checkman. I figured it was time to stop lurking and just join. I probably won't be the most active member but hello. I especially like the way you folks who hunt Africa have such a strong appreciation for the history of African hunting. I hope nobody minds having an armchair warrior in the ranks.

Welcome!!!

Thank you for your service.

You'll find some gun nuts here as well and if you like big bores you will have a good home here. Africa is definitely an addiction for most of us. Enjoy the site!

Thanks for the welcome. About eleven ago I was given the opportunity to fire a classic FN Mauser in 375 H&H and a pre-WWII Mauser Type A Sporter in 404 Nitro. The gentleman also had another Mauser in 318 Westley Richards, but I didn't fire that one since he was short of ammo. I was hooked.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Jcordell! It's nice to have you as part of our community and I hope you enjoy it here.

Hello Jcordell from a one time resident of Pocatello, ID!

welcome to the forums! If you spend too much time on here you'll probably find yourself taking a trip to Africa haha.
Thank you for your service and stay safe.

No issues with anyone being an armchair warrior.

Welcome.​

Welcome Jcordell!

Hello and welcome from another Idahoan!

Welcome to the site. You can learn a lot about the big bore rifles here even if you never hunt. But like a previous post said, if you stay here long enough, you will likely visit Africa!

Welcome to AH. This is the most addictive site in the world. I amazes me every day the huge amounts of knowledge that everyone has on this site. If there is an answer to a question you will find it here.
Hope you visit Africa soon. We have a beautiful country.

Welcome and enjoy the site!

My best always

Welcome. I live near Pocatello.
Hi there. Grew up just outside of Rigby (which is appropriate considering that this site is dedicated to hunting in Arica). I now live and work over in Caldwell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois