Hello from Iceland

Hello Odinsraven, I have wanted to visit Iceland since seeing it on TV during the "Fisher vs Spassky" days.

jeez wheels you must be ancient :p i can only vaguely remember them...they were famous gladiators in the roman arena ..yeah????:biggrin2:

hi odinsraven welome to AH. from reading your posts i presume you have moved to iceland fairly recently from the uk? and i only know that drinks are very, very repeated............expensive there, so me and 35bore prob wont be visiting in a while!!;):beer:

Hello Odinsraven, I have wanted to visit Iceland since seeing it on TV during the "Fisher vs Spassky" days.

jeez wheels you must be ancient :p i can only vaguely remember them...they were famous gladiators in the roman arena ..yeah????:biggrin2:

You guys must be older then dirt who is "Fisher vs Spassky"?

Hi Guys it is really a myth on the drinks prices - depending when and where you drink downtown in 101 Reykjavik you are paying about $3-60 to $4-00 per 1/2 litre of 5% rocket fuel the local larger and indeed the micro brewery stuff is excellent.

Yes left the UK two years ago to move here - just getting gun permits and stuff finally sorted etc.

You guys must be older then dirt who is "Fisher vs Spassky"?

Ahh leave the guys alone they are still coming to terms with this introduction of Nitro Powders - probably all confusing for them

:)

Ahh leave the guys alone they are still coming to terms with this introduction of Nitro Powders - probably all confusing for them

:)
:first: Your going to fit right in Buddy welcome Aboard! :laughing:

hi odinsraven welome to AH. from reading your posts i presume you have moved to iceland fairly recently from the uk? and i only know that drinks are very, very repeated............expensive there, so me and 35bore prob wont be visiting in a while!!;):beer:

pppffffffff...... If I make it to Iceland, and wifey and I hunt Santa's convoy, last thing on my mind will be the price of the boose. Hell, I paid 100000 kwacha (or somewhere close to that) for a Mosi, and I spent a lot of kwacha...:draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught:

BTW, welcome again to the forum, started talking about alcohol again, DAMNIT.

pppffffffff...... If I make it to Iceland, and wifey and I hunt Santa's convoy, last thing on my mind will be the price of the boose. Hell, I paid 100000 kwacha (or somewhere close to that) for a Mosi, and I spent a lot of kwacha...:draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught:

Yeah just before Christmas I was speaking with the local Pilot instructor - wanted to borrow my .308 to use down the airport !!!!!

That sent alarm bells ringing however ...............................

When I asked why he said Santa was re-certifying for his pilots licence for the sleigh ................

and he was going to lose one engine on takeoff !

Spike.t, I only seem ancient because I was born so young. If I remember right it was a world semifinal. The Fisher v Spassky winner in Reykjavik faced the Vespasian v Domitian winner in the colosseum. The winner got to move to Jersey and retire!

Odinsraven, You are impressive as a new member. You made a second page. I think I only got a hello from Jerome.

Odinsraven, You are impressive as a new member. You made a second page. I think I only got a hello from Jerome.

Wheels, it is impressive, but, Jerome replies to a lot of the new members (that I have noticed anyway)... We started talking alcohol, Odinsraven is there grey goose there in Iceland???? You mentioned microbrews....:p

Reykjavik Vodka - that beats Grey Goose - however if you are speaking about Greylag then

Birds of Iceland: Anser anser, Greylag Goose

However back to booze

Beers - about 20 of them most range from 4.0 to somewhere around 12% it all got fuzzy when we started @ bottom of the scale and worked up

However as beer was banned here until 1989 - the locals are making up for lost time !

Spike.t, I only seem ancient because I was born so young. If I remember right it was a world semifinal. The Fisher v Spassky winner in Reykjavik faced the Vespasian v Domitian winner in the colosseum. The winner got to move to Jersey and retire!

:laughing::clap: not if he was from the usa as your president doesnt like us, as he thinks we let people hide their hard earned money here......:whistling:

:laughing::clap: not if he was from the usa as your president doesnt like us, as he thinks we let people hide their hard earned money here......:whistling:

Hi Spike used to live in the Isle of Man before moving to Iceland - you still have semi auto fullbores over there ?

Tax it is a moral thing - " it is immoral of the government to steal our money "

Stephen

pppffffffff...... Hell, I paid 100000 kwacha (or somewhere close to that) for a Mosi, and I spent a lot of kwacha...:draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught::draught:

its ok now scott they have removed three zeroes from the currency, so now the 50,000 kwacha notes are 50 and so on, but the old notes are still used as well!!. finn isnt happy as he used to think it was great telling his mates it cost over a million to fill up the vehicle!!!:D

odinsraven so they only let them have beer after 1989, but probably let them drink local rocket fuel up to then!!:eyecrazy:;)that 12percnt beer sounds lethal.......

Hi Spike used to live in the Isle of Man before moving to Iceland - you still have semi auto fullbores over there ?

Tax it is a moral thing - " it is immoral of the government to steal our money "

Stephen

yeah we still are allowed semi auto military type centre fire rifles and handguns here in jersey. hard to get new ones but we are happy we can still have them.

:oops:Sorry about that old Buddy. Hello!

Its getting harder to hide your hard earned money in the world. The Russians just found that out in Cyprus.

I don't have that problem because you have to have money to hide it. That's why I like to go to Africa. It's not the hunting. I walk out of the forex shops in the Dar airport a millionaire. I miss the Zim dollars. It is a very small chance that I will ever be a centa trillionaire again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeniseDapl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross