Hello from Buckeye, Arizona

Discussion in 'Introductions & Greets' started by Buckeye Bill, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Buckeye Bill

Buckeye Bill New Member

Hello,

I have only had luck with Ruger M77's and No.1's with 175 grain bullets. 139, 140 and 145 would not group on paper well for me. 3 to 4 inch groups. The 175 grain offerings would get me about 1.5 inches at 100. While that is acceptable for hunting, I want to shoot lighter bullets for longer range. We both know that the 175 bullet is a great round with proven performance.

I hope that my Winchester will allow me the opportunity to load some of the lighter bullets. I have nothing bad to say about Ruger products. I own several and they are great performers but I think the 7x57 chambers are deeper and require longer bullets for accuracy.

What have you seen in your experiences?

I am waiting on rings and bases for my featherweight so I can start the process with seeing what it likes.

Bill

2. KMG Hunting Safaris

KMG Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
    Hi Bill,
    Just wanted to get your opinion and findings on the M77. I use one in .300Win Mag. Its a working rifle for sure, with no frills. just wanted to know what its capabilities are on the accuracy front.

Take care,
    Marius