Hello fellow hunters and lovers of the outdoors

Ted Roncalli

Reaction score
Hello fellow hunters and lovers of the outdoors,

I have been a hunter for 51 of my 61 years on this Earth. I usually hunt in Canada and parts of Minnesota (USA). I enjoy the thrill of the chase, the companionship and many aspects of the hunting community.

Recently, some of my less understanding family members (mostly do-gooding liberals) have been giving me a rough time about my favorite activity. I am belittled at family gatherings and called a "murderer" by many. I politely explain to them that hunting is my God given right, but it usually turns into a shouting match.

With my health deteriorating, I unfortunately need many of these folks to help get my medication and for trips to the doctor. Some family members have actually declined helping me.

I wonder if any of you in the hunting community have experience this sort of backlash? Most of the culprits are under 30-years old and have zero clue about all the good that hunting provides.

Thank you,
Ted Roncalli

Welcome to AH. Sorry to hear of your problems. It is a shame that people are willing to treat each other that way, especially family, over a difference of ideals. I have personally not had that experience although I have had the odd issue with antis (mostly trolls on here). Most people I meet that are not hunters are indifferent to it and open to listening to my side of things, and tolerate my beliefs, even if they don't really like it. Many move from not liking, but not knowing anything about it, to indifference after a brief discussion.

I occasionally receive some stupid statements from the uneducated. Luckily most of my family hunt, or if they do not, understand and are at least respectful enough to hold their opinions in abeyance. If not they will be subject to a directed educational opportunity.

I have now even had my non-hunting niece ask go out hunting with me. Her caveat, "we can not kill anything". Fair enough. If she manages to see what I love so much about it while hunting with a camera I have started to win some further understanding.

By the way, WELCOME TO AH!

Ted,
I too am sorry your family members treat you with such disrespect. You are in a situation I hope to never be in myself.
My eldest sister has made comments to others that my hunts are wrong but she has yet to get up the courage to tell me this. I realize some people find hunting to be a bad thing but in the end family should not let that get I the way of doing what is right for each other !

Welcome to the forum Ted. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but here, you are among friends. Hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

Welcome to AH Ted! You'll be in good company here.

Welcome to AH Ted, sorry to hear about your situation!

Ted, sorry you are being treated so shabbily. Welcome to AH and enjoy the friendship here. I have encountered well meaning misunderstandings but not hostility with friends. Interestingly, the teenagers who are friends of my children seems to be more accepting! Maybe there is hope? I look forward to your contributions here!

...as they say you can choose your friends but not your family........:E Shake Head:

Are "they" the same people who say "you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you cant pick your friends nose?" LOL

Sorry, I don't know where that one came from. (n)

If I was near you I would help you but I am far away. Thankfully my daughter and her husband are both hunters so I do not have that problem. I am truly sorry for your situation

Welcome!!!

Sorry to hear of your predicament....

Gday ted
Welcome to AH
Sad about peoples opinions and how important thiers are,and only thiers
Under 30definately seems to be the wanker age ,where they and thier uneducated minds ,know best
Sad about the failing health ,mate hope it gets better

Welcome to AH Ted! You've found a new family now and your more then welcome here. What those dip wads fail to get is the fact that the meat they are eating once was alive as well. Enjoy the sight.

Shame that anyone would put a animals life over helping anyone let alone a family member. It just shocks me how some will say hunting is terrible or why do you kill any animals. Then they will turn around and threaten someones life or not help another person because they hunt. The world is going to shit with how dumb people are getting.

Thank you so much for all the warm replies. It is a shame, but I don't harbor any ill will toward my family. I just wish they'd let me do what I like to do and forget about my past.

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear that about your family. I'm a native Texan, down here everybody is raised hunting so generally the anti's are the ones that catch crap from everybody here. It sad that you are given a hard time and I can assure you we are all behind you here. Please share your experiences, hunting pics, and knowledge with us!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH @Ted Roncalli

It is sad to hear that family members, who are supposed to understand, support and love you behave in such a way. May God Bless them, and touch their hearts. May you be healed in His Name, and not need those medication any more. Believe it, and live it sir.

My prayers goes out to you and yours.

Take care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!