www.wild-excursions.com
Member of
SCI Minnesota

Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa
Tanzania
Republic of Benin
I'm a new member to African Hunting.com and it looks like a wonderful resource for anyone interested in hunting or even traveling to Africa. I'm a professional videographer that specializes in the outdoor industry. I have filmed a great deal in Africa and would love to talk with anyone interested in filming their hunts. Best of luck to everyone on the upcoming season! Aim Small, miss small!

Hi schoop,
I'm new here too! This is my first post in the forum. I love photography and posted some great pics in the photo gallery from an incredible photographer which I thought you may appreciate since your in the biz. I'd love to see some of your work posted here, I'm planning a safari for 2010..................

Greetings! I am new here as well. I am a long time Canadian guide/outfitter, outdoor writer and hunting consultant. This is a great site with an incredible amount of information on all aspects of African Hunting.

Safari Chick.........you will have a great time on your Safari, but what they say is true. When you get home from your trip, all you will think about is going back.

Hello everyone. Just some short information about me: I am swiss, 18 years old, and love to hunt african big game. I own a private game farm in the Waterberg mountains in the Limpopo province. I do a lot of hunting on my farm. With 14 I shot my first Elephant which was always coming through the fence from the next-door property. Last year I was in Mozambique to hunt my first buffalo, and i had an amazing time. My PH was Simon Leach, and I can only recommend him to all of you. http://www.eaglesafaris.co.za/

To Safari Chick: Zebras may be tough game, but i have never really experienced any problem with them. I hunt with a 8x57, which is an adequate calibre for most of Africa's game. I think as long as you have an appropriate calibre your hunt will be a blast, and you will go home with many memories and trophies and most of all the constant want to go back to Africa.

Last edited:
Greetings and salutations!

I've always wanted to say that ... I don't know why! ;)

I'm new here as well. When I opened the e-mail with the link, I thought: "Okay, let's see what this place is all about" ... I mean I get many e-mails with links for one sit or another. When I got here, I stated navigating the site, and to my surprise I was enthused about what I was seeing. The hunt photos, the stories, the guide listings, and the section that most applies to me ... for Taxidermy, made this site the tops in my book!

I have been a Taxidermist for well over thirty years. I took a hiatus from the field for about ten years, pursuing a shot at Equine Sculpture, and now I have made my return to the art form I love best of all. I have worked on many animal species from all over the USA, as well as the many varieties of African mammals, in both head mounts and full mounts ... lifesize.

My work has won awards at the National, International, and World levels of competition, and I always strive to create the most lifelike and realistic restorations of wildlife that is humanly possible, while giving my clients more than their money's worth.

I am the published author of the successful "The Breakthrough - Art Of The Big Cat - Manual" a taxidermy guide that takes the reader step-by-step through the research, and study of big cats; and the subsequent mounting of a very large male African Barbary Lion. There are also chapters dealing with Leopards and Cougars and their differences; and the sculpture, and mounting of a beautiful female Black Leopard.

Some examples of my work can be seen at my website: Jambo! From Artistic Expressions

I am always happy to offer up any advice for potential customers, as to how best to care for their trophies in the field, or how to make sure those hired to take care of their hard-won trophies, are giving them the best service for their money!

I hope to be the Taxidermist for many of the hunters here. Good hunting to you all!

John B.

LordRusty, Greetings and salutations! Yeah that is king of fun!
Welcome to the site and thank you for your kind words.
Taxidermy is an incredibly important element of the hunt, preserving those memories and the beauty of the animal. I am sure that we could all use some good advice on this subject. Look forward to reading some of your posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg