Hello any women hunters out there?

Safari Chick

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Are there any other women hunters on this site so we can have a conversation?

Hi Safari Chick.............I will try and get my wife to come on here and chat with you. She is a keen big game hunter and has been a licenced big game guide for about 15 years now. No guarantees though, as she hates forums. I do not frequent them much either...............I just really liked what I saw here.:)

Hunting Chicks need to stick together!

Skyline, That sounds great. I know what you mean about forums, I've never really posted in one before, only lurked, however this one grabbed my attention since I'll be heading over to Namibia in 2010. I've already gotten such great advice here and everyone is super friendly, so I'm glad I joined. Anyway, I hope to hear from your wife, she sounds very interesting, but if you can't convince her maybe there are other women hunters out there who will read this post and get involved.

Safari Chick,

Like Kelly I will try to convince my wife to post from time to time. She has been to Alaska sveral times (maybe she will tell the story about chasing the black bear) and has been to Africa. She will hunt in Zim next year with me. She can certainly give a woman's view of the wilderness.

Hi there

Let's swap stories ladies! Anyone coming over here to the African bush for a hunt this year?

Cheers,

Kimberly

Alas, I am not alone on this forum among the men! Not that it was so bad, the guys on here are pretty entertaining, anyway it's great to have another woman on here with me. I have been to Africa twice before, but not as a hunter (my father hunted, I was just an observer who may have taken an animal or two...), however will be hitting Namibia next year for my first "official" hunt on the dark continent and just cannot stop thinking about returning to Africa! So how is it to be an American woman living in Africa? I've often dreamt of leaving it all behind and heading off on an international adventure, oh, wait I already did that... I mean again. I have always been possessed with a serious case of wanderlust. Hope to hear some of your interesting tales...

Safari Chick, speaking as a crusty old man welcome. It is always good to get a woman's point of view (may not agree with it) and maybe you will help keep us crusty old men in line and keep this place civil unlike some boards.:D

DOJ, Thanks for the warm welcome! I hope that I can do my part to keep the gentlemen on this board from turning into a bunch of boisterous boys. As I said earlier I have lurked on other forums (I think we're referring to the same one) and was really put off by the language and attitude, but ever since I found this place I have been posting, enjoying myself reading so many great posts and I have really learned things, which is what I wanted in the first place. Everyone here is very friendly and helpful answering questions and it seems that you are another good addition to the group...I've already been reading your posts. I think this will do a lot to encourage women to join and post here, as you can see I am still waiting, but I think they will come. BTW, you say "crusty" I don't get that sense at all, I think not!

SC, I am sure you have read some of my posts over there and can see if someone rags on SCI over and over I can get testy. I posted about my finding this site over there and you should just go to see the brew ha ha I started (unintentionally) when I discribed the civility here and then they started on Ray when I said he was posting here. I only brought up his name as some over there had been wondering what had happend to him.

The good thing about AR is when I am in a bad mood I can go there and vent.

Some would call me a bad boy as they banned me from AR for about 3 months, and a friend pled my case and got me reinstated. I don't worship any site owner or administrator, I think that is enough said.

DOJ, wow you must be a bad boy if they banned you! I didn't think they ever banned people from that place, it's like the wild west over there where anything goes and disputes are handled with a duel/gun fighting shoot out... the man left standing wins, but banned I can hardly believe it!!!

Well from now on I'll have to keep my eye on you, it seems that you may be dangerous ;)

BTW, I checked that thread, what complete insanity. I'm sure their Mother's would be horrified, I can't believe these are grown men! :shakehead: I know that all men are really just boys inside and that is a very endearing quality, but not if that boy is the school yard bully... their behavior is disgraceful and they should be ashamed of themselves!

Hi Safari chick! We spoke one other time, but I haven't been on the site for a few days. I always love to speak to other women hunters!!! So what time of year are you headed to Namibia? I haven't been there yet. I have only been to South Africa but really want to get to some of the other countries. What are you planning to hunt?

SC, Welcome I'm new here myself only a couple of weeks now, but I find this site to be very good and interesting!

It's always good to have a girl around to ad some civility and reason!
I really just know a few women who are hunters, one of them is my mother and the other two are my sisters, but they are very young and "kinda" into it, I'm really trying to get them involved and shooting; very recently my baby sister (her name is Elsa and she is 14 years old) asked me if I would take her hunting, because after years of me insisting she finally decided she wanted to take her first big game animal, I was thrilled and still am, and it's good to have girls here as friends so I can ask them for advise and such! So I hope to hear more form you and I wish you the best of lucks in your up coming hunt in Namibia, I myself am going to have a 15 day hunt in South Africa in 2010 and also for the first time in Africa so cheers for that!

Best regards and good hunting!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross