Heineken vs Amstel beer

If we are talking about beers from any country, then, for me, Belgium wins hands down.

Grimbergen, Judas, Leffe, Lucifer, Mort Subite, Steenbrugge, and so many others, delicious. And you have your choice of strenght, they run from 1.3 to 13% alcohol content.

I had forgotten about Moose Drool brand from Montana, (no connection whatsoever to Moose's Tooth local / Anchorage AK, micro brewery) and I agree that the Drool is not any good, hell the name even sounds sickening.

All this moose talk reminds me that Moosehead Beer from Canada is widely available here where I live and is another favorite of mine.

The craft brewery in Ontario (Canada) is become quite good and diverse. I was driving along a lonely road after collecting my game cameras and came across a small church that had been converted into a brewery. I found the beer quite good actually. Came home with pictures of a bunch o cows, squirrels and birds but some nice beer as a consolation lol.

My favourite Heineken was on a beach in the south of France. No doubt in my mind that it tasted way better than the Heineken I get served here. Maybe it was the ambience but that was one good beer!

I had Safari Lager while in Tanzania many years ago, and recall it was quite good, though on ones first safari any beer is good!:D

Nyati, I don't think I have ever heard of any of those brews you mention. I have had Stella from that area and that's about it. Its good.

Nyati, I don't think I have ever heard of any of those brews you mention. I have had Stella from that area and that's about it. Its good.

Stella Artois is probably the most popular belgian beer, quite good, but there are hundreds, I´ve been told more than a thousand different ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Castle! Generally the first thing I do when I hit the Guest House in Jo'berg is have a couple! In Zim I like the Zambezi Lager.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warren03T

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross