headsup on Hornady DG brass

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
i asked hornady about the lack of availability of there DG series brass, specificly the 450/400 3" but im sure the answer they gave me is probably applicable to most of the DG series. here is the answer i got:

It looks like we are scheduled to be in production on it around the end of May and shipping middle of June, if all goes well.

Thank you,

Hornady Sales Team

heres hopen a great deal of scarce brass becomes available soon.

-matt

Matt not sure if you have but have you looked into Norma brass, I prefer it for the 460 it seems to hold up well, I am not sue if you can find it in the US but should you be able to...

It is an excellent buy...

My best always.

unfortunately Norma does not make 450/400 brass. to my knowledge only Hornady and Bertram produce brass for this caliber. Bertram is convinced their brass is made of gold and the average price is $100 per 20 which means Hornady is pretty much the sole supplier of brass for this cartridge.

with my previous experience with Hornady brass id say they make decent quality brass. now Hornady's DGX bullet is a different story... I do not like it. Hornady factory ammo is for target practice only.

-matt

Thanks Matt I was unaware of this, I struggled to get brass for my 460 in SA until I imported from Norway, good to know...

We share sentiment on Factory ammo by above mentioned manufacturer...

My best always

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross