Heads up on some good ammunition prices

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
I was hunting around for articles on large bore calibers and stumbled across Corbon's website and some really nice deals they have on large bore factory ammunition. I picked up two boxes of their 525gr DPS (Barnes TSX) 505 Gibbs ammunition for pretty much just the cost of the brass and bullets!

if you're interested in some big bore factory ammunition loaded with Barnes bullets you might want to check out their online store under "close outs".

note: I have no relation to Corbon, im just passing some good deals I found.

-matt

Thak Matt! Checking it out.

Last edited:
Those are mostly 10 round boxes... good deals but just be aware. I thought the lott stuff was particulary cheap.

just got my order of Corbon Expedition hunter 505 Gibbs ammunition. its a 525gr Barnes TSX bullet loaded in Jamison brass with a rather heavy roll crimp and a brass primer (likely a Remington LRM).

unfortunately my rifle went back to the factory so it will be some time before I can perform a chronograph test on this stuff. the box claims 2300fps but im always suspicious of factory ammunition. Kynoch claims 2300fps on their 505 Gibbs ammunition but ive heard from multiple sources that it only clocks in at 2150fps. I also have some Norma gibbs ammo that claims 2100fps with a 600gr bullet that I will be testing as soon as my gun gets back.

-matt

Thanks for the heads up Matt, I bought some ammo for my .458 Win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!