Has anyone flown Emirates thru Dubai with firearms?

Discussion in 'Before & After the Hunt' started by Buff-Buster, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Hey guys'
    I have a hunt booked in Mozambique in August and I have purchased airline tickets with Emirates flying thru Dubai then on to Joburg. Two part question:

1) I've heard good things about Emirates, does anyone here have first hand knowledge?

2)They are telling me that transiting thru Dubai is not a problem with firearms. Has anyone done this?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

"Once you leave Africa, it doesn't leave you"
  2. spike.t

spike.t GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc
    Hunted:
    zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe, hungary, france, england
    i have flown in business class about 6 times with emirates and they were very good. about transiting with firearms, i think you have to apply for a clearance for your firearms to transit dubai airport . emirates should be able to arrange this for you, or get your travel agent to liase with them.
  3. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Thanks Spike.t I have submitted the paperwork to Emirates, just was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of the process.