Hartzview Hunting Safaris - Hunting Season 2014

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by Hartzview Hunting Safaris, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Hartzview Hunting Safaris

Hartzview Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe
    Thank you all for the kind words it is appreciated. I believe that you only have one chance in life of taking a picture of a trophy animal you hunted with a client and out of respect we need to take time and make sure all is perfect for both the client and animal....

Looking forward on hunting with you soon BWH.... Almost time!

Best regards,

Jacques
  2. RogerHeintzman

RogerHeintzman AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
    Hunted:
    Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia

Now, Now Wayne, you stepping on my toes.

A Dream can be relived, again and again in Africa."
  3. MichElk

MichElk New Member

Member of:
    SCI
    I just love reading about the great hunts and seeing the wonderful pictures provided by both Jacques and his clients on this site. It has been reassuring that I will be in good hands in 2015 for my hunt with Hartzview. Not to mention all the other great information to comb through from other AH members. I just read a great post by, I believe, Brickburn on the 270 rifle and ammunition. So nice to find a forum where good intentions abound.
  4. MichElk

MichElk New Member

Member of:
    SCI
    BWH should be arriving to Hartzview. Hopefully we see a happy face soon!
  5. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    BWH should be just about waking up right now for his first morning of hunting. Also looking forward to hearing about his first day of hunting.
  6. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    Well at the risk of stealing some of Brad's (BWH) thunder, I'm going to give a bit of a early look into his hunt.

My involvement with Jacques and HartzView Safaris over the last couple of years has steadily grown. I've had a lot of fun and learned much about the safari business. I consider Jacques and his wonderful wife Monique to be close friends now and that alone has been worth any effort I've given. Part of what I do is to handle communications with our clients particularly now during the hunting season when it becomes difficult at times to reach Jacques. Brad has been one of the first clients I've had the pleasure to talk with on numerous occasions since booking with us at the 2013 DSC Convention.

I heard Craig Boddington once say that you only get your first safari once so you need to savor it and enjoy every moment. While that may sound a bit silly, it is true. I've had so much fun answering Brad's questions and watching/listening to him as time has passed and he is now enjoying his first days in Africa.

Brad left home on Sunday, arriving on Monday evening in Jo'burg on the Delta flight out of Atlanta. He overnighted at Africa Sky and I'd presume he was on the first flight out to Kimberly yesterday morning. My guess is he was at the ranch in time for lunch, unpacking and to get his .30-06 checked at the range.

One of the things that was clear early in my conversations with Brad was that a Kudu was priority......a big priority. So much so, that shortly after getting to the ranch he just went ahead and shot this bull. According to the text message I got from Jacques with this picture, he said the picture does not do the Kudu justice.

IMG_0024.JPG

This would probably explain the glow I saw in the southeastern sky last night as I'm sure Brad slept with a big smile on his face casting a glow into the night sky. And then he decided today to follow that up with this nice Gemsbok bull.

IMG_0023.JPG

I don't have the stories behind the hunts so we'll have to wait on Brad's report. I do know as mentioned he's hunting with a .30-06 and I think either 165gr or 180gr TTSX's.

Well done Brad, wish I was there!
  7. Hartzview Hunting Safaris

Hartzview Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe
    Just wanted to share this huge female lion one of our forum members hunted with Hartzview Hunting Safaris. A report is on it's way.....

The other pic is one of our big male lion in one of our many great hunting areas..... Great lion!

Enjoy our pictures buddies!

Best regards,

Jacques

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  8. MichElk

MichElk New Member

Member of:
    SCI
  9. tarbe

tarbe BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

I was going to make this observation, but you did it for me Bill.

Very nice animals and outstanding presentation!

Tim