Hard Cases for Rifles

Anyone know where to purchase star light cases?

Has anyone tried the Boyt H series hard cases? Looks like a Pelican but much less money. Sold direct or as a Cabelas Armor Extreme.

I have used the boyt double gun case for the last 4 trips. In my opinion there isn't a better case. I leave for namibia Friday. The only problem I ran into with the case is getting a replacement foam because this year I am bringing 2 guns. I found some 2" foam at the upholstery store in town but it was bright pink and the cost was $70.00 . Ati gunstocks are a customer of mine and that's where I got a new piece of foam. The cutting of the foam is accomplished with a electric knife after you trace out the stuff you are putting inside the case. That is a whole other topic but on my last trip the SA police officer told me next time do not pack my bino's, large lense for my camera and extra scope in the gun case. He said the gun and bolt are the only things that can be in the case. 5 min later a man came into the office with a tuff pack and darn near had everything he needed for his safari around or jammed into that case. He was pulling everything out just to get to the gun. So I am not sure what the real rule is on extra stuff in gun cases. I have my 2 guns, level loc shooting sticks, and extra ram rods in the case and it weighs 47lbs. It is the best 200.00 you can spend to protect your weapons. The cabelas brand is the exact same case.

I wouldn't buy anything the SA police say as they can be bought and sold for $5...not a lot of faith or trust there.

Thanks Huntsolo,

I noticed the Cabela version is actually less money than the Boyt, but both have Boyt stamped on the case. I was looking at a single rifle case for next year. I havent yet decided whether to put two guns in my big aluminum case and risk losing both, or split it up and hope at least one arrives. I havent had a gun go astray yet in 6 trips but it do happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg