Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
dad-and-me-jpg.39066

…dedicated to my father who took me hunting….and all fathers who take their kids hunting.....

animal-jpg.39068

1918 -1997

…Happy Fathers Day……I love you!

This is an open thread for everyone to post photos with your fathers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grandfather(s) who were really responsible for so many traditions starting.

IMG_5072.jpg

My Uncle 60 years later spotting Elk with me.
IMG_3098.jpg

I love that you created this thread, Wheels. I just lost my father unexpectedly in April. And the loss is a great one. My dad never hunted and there were no guns in our home. Yet my father is a retired U.S. Marine, having served two stints in Vietnam. These two photos are of my father while in Vietnam. Dad also believed women could be anything they wanted to be, and do anything they chose to do. And I know he was very proud of all my accomplishments. I wish all you dads on this site.....a Happy Father's Day. Never doubt the power you have over your sons and daughters. As well as the difference you can make in what the next generation becomes. :)

11115708_873240329381650_5725468683930448756_n.jpg
11130294_871841522854864_8710065303567350854_n.jpg

My dad passed away close to 27 years ago and I only really remember going hunting with him once when I was 5 years old. But through him and his love of hunting and wild game I have a passion for hunting and the animals in the hills and flat lands.

I remember one time when I was in high school and came home from rabbit hunting. At that time all we shot were jacks and didn't bother bringing them home for the table. That Saturday night when I came home he asked me where the meat was and when was the shotgun or rifle that I was packing going to start paying it's way.
The next weekend I brought home a limit of cottontail rabbits for the pot and every time after that I always brought home something for dinner when I took a rifle or shotgun out of the house. With him being gone that long I can still remember that day like it was yesterday.

Memories.....

My Dad is still alive and feisty like an old bull. He never really hunted but fishing was and is something we do together as often as possible. Even though it nearly cost me my life a long time ago.
The sea nearly claimed him last year when he jumped overboard in rough seas to cut the anker rope from the boats props ( the gilly slipped up).He is pushing 70 now and the boat and motors gave him one hell of a beating in the high swells,but he safes the lifes of 5 crew members.No matter how old he is,he is still my Hero. Here's to you Dad.
IMAG0240.jpg

Thanks Dad for make me be who I am.....I miss you, I love you.......I know you are hunting and fishing in a better place now.

1967 Santiago y otras!!! 058.jpg

The one on the bottom to the left.....

para CD 015.jpg

One to the right...........1943-2013

See you Dad.....!!!!

Thanks Dad for make me be who I am.....I miss you, I love you.......I know you are hunting and fishing in a better place now.

View attachment 43656

The one on the bottom to the left.....

View attachment 43657

One to the right...........1943-2013

See you Dad.....!!!!

Neat seeing the old Cressi Sub shorties. Looks like the 70's.

Great day catching bugs! Dinner that evening had to be top notch.

What I would not give to go on one more hunt with the man who taught me about hunting, my grandfather. He is scouting for me now in the ultimate hunting grounds. Some pics of My greatest trophy, never too early or late to see what daddy brought home. The future of our sport will be in the field with me this coming season
image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
Neat seeing the old Cressi Sub shorties. Looks like the 70's.

Great day catching bugs! Dinner that evening had to be top notch.

Oh yes Wheels......year 1978, I used to had my own Cressi shortie and pants for a 7 year old kid, the pic is Recife, Brazil.....golden years for spear fishing, We did it alot during 70´s and all the 80´s.
Yes, the dinner that evening was top notch, you are rigth.

Thank you very much to bring this great post up to us.....many of us were very fortunate about the fathers We had.

Thanks....!!!!!

Great post and it is great to see how some guys got there start into the outdoors. My dad had given up hunting before I start and really only hunted for food for the table even then.
He always was behind me when I took hunting up and did get me my first gun when I was 12 so I could hunt if I wanted. I still have and remember when he gave me that savage 20ga double barrel. Dakota did his first pheasant with that very gun which was very special for me.

Hunting and fishing was two of the things I wanted to pass on to Dakota. Glad to say he took to both and I think when he starts a family he will pass that on to them. The picture is of the hunt that really started it all for him and I. He was hooked after that elk for sure.

GEDC0007.JPG
GEDC0010.JPG

Happy fathers day to all the dads on here and proud to see how many pass on the hunting bugs to there kids both sons and daughters.

Happy Father's Day everyone!

Got a call this morning from my Son this morning wishing me a Happy Fathers Day,,made my Day

10 years ago dad had a stoke, two years later he got a moose with palms, only one he every shot. As a kid it was dad's doing to make sure grandad got his deer and help me get mine. Now I get to do this for my dad and my kids this is the best year of hunting. Happy Father's Day

My dad passed away in 1995 at the age of 77. He had beaten cancer three times but it finally got the best of him. I miss him still. He was not a hunter but saw to it that I got my first shotgun at age nine so that I could. He made arrangements with friends to take me deer hunting and dove shooting. Most importantly my father the WW2 marine made me appreciate and respect animals. His rule was you shoot it you eat it. Furthermore, he was adamant that I understand gun safety and that I practice it. We moved out into the "country" when I was eight. We lived next door to a small zoo that had lions among other animals. He and I often talked about the possibility of hunting in Africa. He was a good dad who enjoyed hearing my dreams and allowing me to voice them no matter how impossible they seemed.
One of those dreams was to hunt lion. I've done that now. Another was to one day hunt an elephant.
Happy Father's Day everyone!

Figured it was time to resurrect this thread again.

Feel free to post photos or stories of your Father, Grandfathers, Uncles, Father figures or Special people in your life.

Happy Fathers Day to all fathers out there this weekend.

8-13-2009_041[1].JPG

Wheels thanks for bringing it back up! Some of the happiest and most carefree days has been spent hunting with my son!
image.jpg

Being a dad is not just making a baby. It's instilling values in a child's mind and setting them up to be ok when we are gone! My father did that for me and I've done that for my son! At least I hope I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!