Guess I'm the new kid on the block

drhall762

AH member
Reaction score
Just a minute to say hello from Ammon, NC. I am retired from the US Army and a retired machinist. I have discovered double rifles and while I don't expect to be hunting Africa anytime soon, we have some DG on this continent that needs hunting.

That's about it.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow North Carolinian!

Welcome to AH! You could always hunt plain game with that double rifle.

I'll probably hunt just about everything from hogs and whitetail deer up. It has become a kind of love affair. Twice as good as a single shot but more fun than bolt guns.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH drhall762!

Welcome to AH.
By showing up here you may find yourself in Africa sooner than you think.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome. Lots of knowledge and information here, so just get ready!

your on the right path being here.sure you will enjoy yourself.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome.

BTW..............you mentioned you are retired Army. THANK YOU for your service to our country! :S Flag:

Welcome
However you do know it is a rule if you own a double rifle you have to hunt Africa at least once............and we all know there never is an "only once" when it comes to hunting Africa :)

my wife and i hunted africa once,2002.then one more time,2005.ok,just once more,2007.now this is it,zim,2011.oh hell with it,once more in 2014,is this finely it?WHO KNOWS.

my wife and i hunted africa once,2002.then one more time,2005.ok,just once more,2007.now this is it,zim,2011.oh hell with it,once more in 2014,is this finely it?WHO KNOWS.
Are still interested in hunting in Africa?

Welcome to AH drhall762, is that a Rottweiler in your avatar ?

Are still interested in hunting in Africa?
YOU BET,and always will be,even after im dead ill make some kind of deal with the devil for one last hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg