Greetings!

btriple

Reaction score
Newbie here. I am currently living in Johannesburg SA on a 1.5 year assignment. I am originally from NC, United States. I been duck hunting but never really deer hunting. I was wondering if I could arrange an outing where I rented a rifle if I even have a chance (setup, not familiar with the gun, etc)? I contacted many outfitters with no reply, I am sure they are busy due to the timing. I am manly looking to do some Kudu hunting. With the work I doing here I don't have a lot of time off so a 3 to 4 day hunt would be ideal using Saturday and Sunday , is this possible to get? I am scheduled to leave Africa next April, is there enough time to schedule a hunt before then? Thanks for any info.

Welcome to AH!

I'm sure you can fit a hunt in Africa. Look under the Forum page....for Hunts for sale. You are a envious position to take part in some great hunting deals. And yes, there are plenty of rifles for rent in RSA.

Welcome to AH btriple!

Btriple

Welcome to AH...

Use the command line to help you in this process.

If you look under the outfitter button and go to South Africa you will find many PH - outfitters for South Africa...Check southern Zimbabwe and Botswana also, however i do not have there maps to look at.

Renting a Rifle and ammunition is a service most PH-outfitters provide for a fee.

I would take a Africa and SA Map and Draw a Circle around it in Miles or hours drive and do a ring for 1 hour through 6 hours and start looking at AH PH who work in each zone...using the AH outfitter button.

The closer to the farthest you will drive is a individual goal you need to set for your self. Now look at the various avenues open to you....the map and road system will guide you in your hunting direction.

your circle will not necessarily be a round one however it will give you a starting point.

From my maps of SA they have a very good road system as compared to other African countries.

You should look at Zimbabwe also as it is close to your location...

On this forum you will come across a 4 to 5 day safari offering and you can do a look at the Hunting Deals button above.

You should receive some help from our local PH's on this forum...

Welcome to the forum, Btriple.

Hi Btriple
Phone me in the morning 072 847 2796 i will set you up on a Kudu hunt .
My one camp is only 4 hours from Johannesburg.
Johan

Welcome.
I did not think it would take too long to get you out hunting.
Good on you Johan.

1 enquiry - 4 replies and the 5th is a hit - MAGIC!

This is what makes this site so different from other hunting forums - n b/shit.
Well done AH members.

Good going Johan!:acclaim:

Welcome to AH btriple!
I am sure you will enjoy this site and we are looking forward to your inputs.

Welcome aboard and good for you Johan, thanks for stepping up to help.

nd

Welcome to AH!!! you should have no problem with finding an outfitter to help you out I hunted last year with Greg Harvey at www.huntershillsafaris.co.za he worked out a deal for me to use a rifle at no cost ammo at local cost this worked out great as I was going to Germany after the hunt to meet a long lost cousin and didn't want the headache of packing a gun along. GOOD LUCK on finding your hunt.

P S how do I get a job over there for a year and a half, Alabama hunter in South Africa Life would never be the same.

Thanks guys for the welcome. I could tell this was the place to get the best answers.

Bob, you know anything about building power plants?

With most of us now hunting each and everyday it is not always easy to get a look at A/H and whats happening , but i am at home for two more days. Brain looks like you are in the power plant building i use to work with ESKOM for 13 years as a electric engineer before i started hunting full time.
Thanks guys and keep hunting.
Johan

btriple, so did you get to hunt with "hunting"- Johan? If you did post a thread in the AH- Before & After the Hunt- forum. Then maybe post a link here, so others browsing can find it.

Not trying to be bossy, just interested in the outcome. Envious of your situation, I'm lucky I can plug in a lamp and certainly not smart enough to be building a power plant.

Best Regards

While Johan was most helpful, it was not meant to happen this winter we'll see, I might get up Johan this fall.

Also with getting to know some of the locals here and some guys at work are trying to arrange a hunt which might be more at more local prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.