Greetings from Zambia

Hello and welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH Black Lechwe! Looking forward to the pictures from your area.

gday Zambian , welcome to AH
looking forward to visiting your country later this year
enjoy the site .........

Glad to have you here on AH. I hope to hunt your beautiful country. Will look forward to your pics and participation. Bruce

Welcome to AH Black Letchwe. Please share your adventures in Zambia.

Welcome, glad your here! I dig Nile Lechwe, here is mine on the bottom left.
image.jpg

Hi Erik,

that Nile Lechwe would be from a game ranch in the US I guess? There are so few left in Ethiopia now, so I don't know if they can be hunted in the wild. As for the stronghold in South Sudan... things aren't going to well there, even though there must be some fantastic hunting areas there.

Jerome, thanks for the confirmation on the forest buffalo from Gabon; looked at the picture and agree with you, they do seem to have horns that go straight back (I guess so they can get through the thick forest without hanging up on branches)...

Spike.T and Jerome, that other old photo; I'm with you on the waterbuck. However I can spot a very long lechwe-like horn in the background... hence why it's a shame there isn't more specific info on where it's from. I also wouldn't rule out Kob... native to NE Congo. There must be antelopes there that disappeared before we even really knew about them; I know of two. Robert's Lechwe from along the Luapula in DRC/Zambia, and the Upemba Lechwe (of which at the last count there were 4 left...).

oooohhh ,I like that ...................

Spot the sitatunga!

10402579_10152991460323338_4912618246674235973_n.jpg

And,

How much more horn is down there in the grass?

1920548_10152991458578338_2251661027878488180_n.jpg

Hi Brickburn, how's this for a start?
The only thing missing in that picture is the cross-hairs of my scope! Beautiful horn shape on that Sitatunga!

It is indeed a lovely specimen- from Kasanka National Park. Also has thicker horns than usual for that park, more like the ones here in the Bangweulu Swamps.

The second and third picture are of the biggest sitatunga bull I've ever seen, and I have been getting a good look at 30-40 bulls every year for the past 4 years in various spots in Zambia. Also in Kasanka. I have a better picture of it, will dig it out. It looked like a kudu! I can't tell you how hard I was praying through my binoculars for it to drop dead of a heart-attack!

Welcome and enjoy.

Spike.T and Jerome, that other old photo; I'm with you on the waterbuck. However I can spot a very long lechwe-like horn in the background... hence why it's a shame there isn't more specific info on where it's from. I also wouldn't rule out Kob... native to NE Congo. There must be antelopes there that disappeared before we even really knew about them; I know of two. Robert's Lechwe from along the Luapula in DRC/Zambia, and the Upemba Lechwe (of which at the last count there were 4 left...).

yeah i saw the lechwe looking horn as well but its not easy to make much out. maybe its a roberts lechwe then the others would be puku........

Hi Erik,

that Nile Lechwe would be from a game ranch in the US I guess? There are so few left in Ethiopia now, so I don't know if they can be hunted in the wild. As for the stronghold in South Sudan... things aren't going to well there, even though there must be some fantastic hunting areas there.

Jerome, thanks for the confirmation on the forest buffalo from Gabon; looked at the picture and agree with you, they do seem to have horns that go straight back (I guess so they can get through the thick forest without hanging up on branches)...

Yes sir it came from south Texas

Welcome to AH, Black Lechwe !

Welcome to AH!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!