Greetings from WV

mabesomeday

Reaction score
Member of
NRA ATA
Hunted
USA Canada
Hello hunters,
I'm a new member and am hoping to learn and make a safari trip in future. I just applied for my passport so when it arrives I guess I'll be shopping for an outfitter. Any advice for a complete novice to Africa and Int'l travel???
Thanks

Welcome to AH! you've come to the right place to get the info you need. When do you plan on going to Africa and what animals are on your list?

Hello hunters,
I'm a new member and am hoping to learn and make a safari trip in future. I just applied for my passport so when it arrives I guess I'll be shopping for an outfitter. Any advice for a complete novice to Africa and Int'l travel???
Thanks

Welcome to AH! My advice would be to make sure you do your research and lots of it. You just can't do too much.

Welcome to the forum mabesomeday it is good to have you on board!

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions?

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Thanks to all on their replies. I have no firm dates in mind. If all goes well earliest next year or year after. I realize next yr would really be pushing the envelope timewise. As to game, like most I've always dreamt of Buff. Kudu,and Gemsbok are on the list. If there is any way to swing it Problem elelphant or lion would be fabulous. Leapord too is a possibility. Right now I'm just dreamin'. As a recently retired workin' stiff finances will always be a concern..Fortunately for me ,dreaming is free!!!

Hey Mabesomeday,
Welcome to the AH family. You have certainly arrived at the theater of dreams! Dont hesitate to ask any questions. There are a lot of members here who have all the necessary experience to give you excellent advice.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Welcome to the forum Mabesomeday !

Welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledgable people on here to help you out.

nd

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH mabesomeday!

Welcome to the forum mabesomeday! You will find all the info you need on the forum and if you can't find something on here please feel free to ask questions any time.

Looking forward to your inputs.

Best regards,

Jacques

welcome. joined this spring and spend a lot of timehere. going back next week.(first time in 09. good luck. im in va

welcome, lots of info on this site...If you haven't travelled much globally, have your outfitter meet you at and deliver you back to the airport...African airports are notorious for bribes (no worries, you 're safe, "they" just try to milk extra $$ from you---remember, theses are POOR countries). ANY good PH will "walk you through" gun permits, etc. Don't believe all the negative hype about being on a plane for 18 hours...its really no big deal, if you're an "easy sleeper", get yourself tired before you board and sleep thru much of the flight...Your MD can Rx sleeping pills (Ambien, Lunesta,etc) or anti-anxiety meds (Xanax is great) that'll help you relax & sleep. Try to build in a full day/night upon arrival to chill at a hotel, eat, & rest. Don't feel obligated to rush into the bush, the time/$ spent relaxing for a day & night are well worth it...I reccomend Christi Liebenberg @ Hatari Safaris in Namibia, younger local guy, ez going & he'll work with whatever budget you have...Say hi from Joe & Ruthie PS---Used to have lots of fun @ WVU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg