Scott Spencer

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, RMEF, NRA
Hunted
USA
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and as you can see, my username is my actual name. :) I've hunted the southeast for waterfowl, deer, and turkey my entire life but have been venturing out with hunts in the western US. I've already taken a 6x6 bull elk (my avatar) and harvested my first mule deer last fall in Wyoming.

I'm pro-staffing for Sportsman's News (Sportsman's News), the official publication of Sportsman's Warehouse, and have been writing articles, videoing hunts and fly fishing trips, as well as product reviews, commercial photography, etc., for the publication.

I've never been to Africa and it is my hope that my wife and I can go on a safari in the future. Trying to decide which country to go hunting in is even worse than trying to decide which state to go elk hunt in. I hope to read a lot here, learn from you professionals and experienced hunters, and gain a ton of valuable knowledge. I may not contribute a lot since I know nothing of hunting Africa so please don't take my limited number of posts as someone who isn't interested.

Thanks for letting me say a few words about myself and I can't wait to discuss hunting in Africa with all of you.

Scott

Welcome to the forum! I am only 13 years old and have never been to Africa, and I post here a lot. So feel free to jump right in and post.

BTW, that is a nice Elk in your avatar, congrats! My dad has taken 4 Pronghorn in South Dakota and I really enjoyed hunting with him. The West is a great place to hunt!

Thank you so much, Christian!! It is so nice to see a young hunter so involved in hunting like you are. I hope to film a friend on a lion hunt in Idaho next spring. I also hope to take my first black bear next spring as well. Hunting out west, especially in the mountains, is truly a memorable adventure!

welcome I also have not yet been to Africa but next year I am going booked my trip and may 3rd is the day . you will learn alot from these guys and gals its a great site

Welcome to AH Scott! Glad you decided to be part of our community.

Welcome aboard Scott. You will definitely find some good information to help plan your safari.

nd

:welcome: to AH

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the world of AH.com. Lots of like minded members around......... AFRICA is addictive, & I am sure one safari to this hunters paradise ,& you would be an African Hunt Bug Bitten hunter.............

Happy Hunting.

Monish

Hi Scott

Welcome to the forum I am sure you will pick up a lot of African info here and should you need any help or have any questions please don’t hesitate to pm me.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Welcome aboard Scott. I have little doubt that you'll find this site a resource pool of hunting experience and knowledge.

Good hunting!

Thank you so much, Christian!! It is so nice to see a young hunter so involved in hunting like you are. I hope to film a friend on a lion hunt in Idaho next spring. I also hope to take my first black bear next spring as well. Hunting out west, especially in the mountains, is truly a memorable adventure!
I would love to hunt Mtn. Lion someday. The West is a truly meorable adventure indeed. I am hoping to get a crack at Pronghorn soon, hopefully next year.

Welcome to AH. For a first trip to Africa, Namibia or South Africa is your best bet. They have a good infrastructure, experienced PHs and lots of game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg