Greetings from Seattle

Discussion in 'Introductions & Greets' started by seattlesetters, Aug 4, 2009.

1. seattlesetters

seattlesetters AH Senior Member

Hello to all. What a great site!

I'm new here and in the process of collecting data and researching outfitters for my first African safari. I'm a lifelong hunter here in North America and I've hunted deer (whitetail, blacktail and mule deer), elk, black bear, hogs and pronghorn on several dozen occasions. Recently, I've mostly been bird hunting as I raise a few class English Setters and have been devoting more time to them than big game hunting. However, I've decided my African dreams should wait no longer, and I'll be heading over in 2011 or 2012 for a plains game hunt.

More than likely I'll be hunting in Namibia but Limpopo, RSA is also a good possibility. I'd like to hunt wild game in their natural habitat and that will be the deciding factor in where and with whom I hunt.

I hope to learn from you fine folks and perhaps have a few "rookie" questions both tolerated and answered. Thanks for having me!
  2. Skyline

Skyline AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI Life Member, MLOA, DU, MWF, MTA
    Welcome to AH..........you have come to the right place. The knowledge base on African hunting is vast.
  3. Big5

Big5 AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    SCI Life member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Russia
    Hi seattlesetters, welcome aboard. It sounds like you're a 'lifelong die-hard hunter' like nearly everyone else here so I have no doubt you'll have a great time on your plainsgame hunt when it rolls around. In the meantime enjoy all the interesting posts on the forum.
  4. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Welcome to AH seattlesetters! We are glad to have you as a member. Fire away with your questions, big and small, there are none that will go unanswered... We have a knowledgeable and friendly community here. :D
  5. billrquimby

billrquimby AH Veteran

Member of:
    Safari Club International, Lander One Shot Antelope Hunt Past Shooters Club
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, Spain, Argentina, Mongolia, New Zealand
    Welcome. Say hello to my taxidermist friend, Buzzi Cook, for me if you bump into him up your way. Ditto for Jack Schwabland, if you know him.

Bill Quimby
  6. TOM

TOM AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
    Hunted:
    Africa...are there other continents to hunt?
    Welcome to the forums! Lots of great people on here.