Greetings from Florida

Hello!

I am a native Texan transplanted to Florida for the last 30 years. I took up hunting 5 years ago--mostly deer in Texas. I am going to Zambia in July/August and am trying to figure out a way to extend my stay to work in a hunt. I am not sure what animal(s) to put on my wish list, yet. Just trying to figure out some options at present. I have also recently taken up archery, though I have not harvested anything with a bow, yet.

I look forward to reading and learning.
Welcome Tom! It would be a shame not to go hunting after travelling all the way to Zambia. Ask questions on this site, someone will undoubtedly help you out.

Welcome to AH!

hi welcome aboard :D Beers: please ask here, email me, or pm me for any info or assistance we can give in helping you in extending your stay in zambia ,which would be a pleasure to help with. cheers mike
Mike, Thanks for your offer to help. I will be in Ndola July 24-31 & Lusaka Aug 1-7. I can extend my stay for up to 4-5 days. Do you have any suggestions about possibilities of working in a hunt under those restrictions? Thanks.

Hello!

I am a native Texan transplanted to Florida for the last 30 years. I took up hunting 5 years ago--mostly deer in Texas. I am going to Zambia in July/August and am trying to figure out a way to extend my stay to work in a hunt. I am not sure what animal(s) to put on my wish list, yet. Just trying to figure out some options at present. I have also recently taken up archery, though I have not harvested anything with a bow, yet.

I look forward to reading and learning.

Tom,

Welcome to the best forum.
Sometimes it is rewarding and memorable to seek specific species.
I certainly have done that but, not necessarily bagging same every time, (in my case, such as nyala - the shifty one) with very pleasant days in the bush while doing so.
However, one of the most satisfying ways to spend time in the bush with your rifle, your PH and your Tracker, can be to make it clear to them that, you will be keen to just go hunting, no pressure to seek any particular specie over the next, just relax and sneak about for whatever may present an opportunity.
This is of course within the legal limits of the game laws, the abundance of multiple species on you PH's land or lease/concession and within the restraints of your bank account (my most daunting obstacle personally).
I have done this in the Limpopo District, as well as the Mpumalanga District of South Africa, during more than one "safari" there.
And, those times remain some of my most pleasant memories from Africa.

Well any way, remember to just relax when you arrive in the PH's presence, all will be well there because an African Hunting Camp is the ultimate sanctuary.

Cheers,
Paul (Velo Dog)

Tom,

Welcome to the best forum.
Sometimes it is rewarding and memorable to seek specific species.
I certainly have done that but, not necessarily bagging same every time, (in my case, such as nyala - the shifty one) with very pleasant days in the bush while doing so.
However, one of the most satisfying ways to spend time in the bush with your rifle, your PH and your Tracker, can be to make it clear to them that, you will be keen to just go hunting, no pressure to seek any particular specie over the next, just relax and sneak about for whatever may present an opportunity.
This is of course within the legal limits of the game laws, the abundance of multiple species on you PH's land or lease/concession and within the restraints of your bank account (my most daunting obstacle personally).
I have done this in the Limpopo District, as well as the Mpumalanga District of South Africa, during more than one "safari" there.
And, those times remain some of my most pleasant memories from Africa.

Well any way, remember to just relax when you arrive in the PH's presence, all will be well there because an African Hunting Camp is the ultimate sanctuary.

Cheers,
Paul (Velo Dog)
Thanks, Paul. That is great advice. I have been thinking in terms of specific species, but the approach you recommend sounds really good. My $$ is my greatest limitation, too. After that, I am limited on time. Hopefully I can figure out a way to squeeze at least a few days in the bush.
-ta

Mike, Thanks for your offer to help. I will be in Ndola July 24-31 & Lusaka Aug 1-7. I can extend my stay for up to 4-5 days. Do you have any suggestions about possibilities of working in a hunt under those restrictions? Thanks.

hi tom patsy has pm you including me . cheers mike

Welcome to the best forum in the world!

Hello and :S Welcome:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg