Olypopper

Reaction score
Website
www.boatshopak.com
Member of
NRA, TDR
Hunted
USA
Found this site while searching for CZ 550 scope rings......heading to Africa one of these days when I get tired of chasing moose, bears and buffalo.

Nice site and good manners seem to be the norm. I appreciate the info I've already gotten from this site.

Welcome! Yes, lot's of great hunting info to be found here and your observation of good manners being the norm is spot on.

Dave

Welcome to the forum @Olypopper . Very happy to have you join us.

All the best with your research for a trip over here. You have certainly come to the right place.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome, it's pretty hard to beat the Alaskan bush and I don't know if you can get tired of chasing any of them! Might want to plan a trip to Africa just to relax though.
Enjoy the Forum,
Cody

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the site and hopefully planing that trip to Africa!

Welcome!

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to the best! Lots of Alaskans on here too. For big game and big guns, this is it!

Welcome to AH Olypopper! Glad you found us and decided to join the conversation. Lots of amazing content to discover here...

hi welcome aboard :D Beers: what do you use when chasing the above mentioned?

It varies.......my favorite rifle is my FN PBR chambered in .308 Win. I've taken bears, caribou and just last Saturday, my biggest bull moose with that rifle. I've got a .458 Socom (Tromix) and it's a dandy for bears. Packs lots of thump up close.

My two rifles that have been acquired for a trip to Africa are a CZ 550 in .458 Win mag and a Ruger No.1 chambered in .416 Rigby........I may bring one of those to Kodiak for my browny hunt.

It varies.......my favorite rifle is my FN PBR chambered in .308 Win. I've taken bears, caribou and just last Saturday, my biggest bull moose with that rifle. I've got a .458 Socom (Tromix) and it's a dandy for bears. Packs lots of thump up close.

My two rifles that have been acquired for a trip to Africa are a CZ 550 in .458 Win mag and a Ruger No.1 chambered in .416 Rigby........I may bring one of those to Kodiak for my browny hunt.

got a photo of the 458 socom? i asked mr google what a tromix was but only found barrels etc. and with the .416 rigby no1 you will be @CAustin new best friend........:D

image.jpeg

Olypopper I do like that number one!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH! Was just looking at .375 Ruger Alaskan for moose/grizzly hunt.

:D Beers:....wonder what that socom would be like on wooden floating objects......:whistle:

Not too sure......it was originally intended for two legged critters that had a nasty habit of continuing to live after being hit with 5.56 (suppressed). Even in sub sonic loads the little Socom has enough wallop to turn out the lights and keep them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,