Greetings from a Swede!

Think into something like Oribi sir!

Oh I would jump on the chance to get an Oribi! Have even planned for the trophy fee and taxidermy for a fullmount if the opportunity would present itself!

Oh I would jump on the chance to get an Oribi! Have even planned for the trophy fee and taxidermy for a fullmount if the opportunity would present itself!

Oh I do know how difficult it is to ever get one and the permit. But, the chances are always there, just make sure the opportunity never catches you off guard and always have that savings account with the funds for an Oribi ready! One never knows when the opportunity presents it self.

If it does, you need to be ready to take your best swing!!! ;):sneaky::cool:

That is a very good advice and one that I normally plan for...
Always try to bring one rifle in a caliber suitable for small game, and one in a caliber that can handle anything on four feet no matter what size if the opportunity of a lifetime should come around!

The cash can always be borrowed/stolen/procured one way or another. But the oppurtunity might never come again!

That is a very good advice and one that I normally plan for...
Always try to bring one rifle in a caliber suitable for small game, and one in a caliber that can handle anything on four feet no matter what size if the opportunity of a lifetime should come around!

The cash can always be borrowed/stolen/procured one way or another. But the oppurtunity might never come again!

As you say... the cash is latter to the opportunity! Seize the moment with the right caliber! :giggle:
Oribi (1).JPG

Timmy then you better plan for something special this comeing trip, still working on that Permit(y)

Hi Tim, welcome from a fellow warthog addict !

Welcome to the best forum from a fellow rifle nut.
(Hunting is my main excuse to buy sell and trade rifles).

Thanks Nyati, nice to see someone else that can't pass up on a pig!

Velo Dog, do you actually need an excuse to buy/sell/trade rifles?
In a way it's lucky that Swedish law only allows us 6 rifles at any time, otherwise I'm guessing my wife would have left me when she couldn't move around for all the rifles in the house!

M
Thanks Nyati, nice to see someone else that can't pass up on a pig!

Velo Dog, do you actually need an excuse to buy/sell/trade rifles?
In a way it's lucky that Swedish law only allows us 6 rifles at any time, otherwise I'm guessing my wife would have left me when she couldn't move around for all the rifles in the house!

Hi again Timt,

The excuse thing was mentioned only as making fun of myself, however weak the humor in it may have been.

In the end, my wife is exactly like yours because, I know she would probably run away screaming, if I began stacking up large collections of sporting goods in almost any room of our house, except where she does not have to step over or around any of it.

In other words, I keep most of my things in one room ("Man Cave"), down stairs/away from the main living area of our house.

The one room storage space, combined with the fact that I need money to hunt and fish, especially in Africa, keeps me from buying very many guns and fly rods.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

gday tim ,welcome to AH ,enjoy the site .
an assortment of fine trophies in yoiur photos, mate .

Welcome to AH, have fun hunting the tiny 10.

That gun changing supportgroup I think I have to join!
I have a friend that have a gunshop,and that dont help.

Thank you everyone, have to say it is a very warm welcome!

Peter Larsson... That would be a very bad thing for me, would change atleast one rifle every month just to relieve my curiosity!

May I ask you where that gunshop is? Always on the lookout for a new friendly owner that doesn't laugh at me when I come in/call with a new "stupid" idea that I have:whistle:

In Säffle! Roos vapen is the name.
He just have his business for fun.Not so much in to new guns,
but if you need something odd he is the man!

I can't believe I missed this post, Timmy do you still have that deadly Blazer in the .308???

Welcom to AH.jpg

Hey Bossie!
Sold that Blaser and bought a new similar one with a longer and heavier barrel so I get a bit better long-range accuracy!
I shoot a bit better with the heavier barrels (y)
Looks like you had a good 2014 season?

Welcome Tim
Could help but notice some Eastern Cape scenery.
I also noticed Tollies cap from Somerset East. You have hunted all around me already it seems.

A warm Welcome to the forums
Best regards
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg