Greeting!

avat

Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia
Greetings all !!

I am from Croatia. I will go to hunt in Zimbabwe, to Bubye valley conservancy, and the Cape Buffalo is my target. I stay in Samanyanga camp. If you can tell me moore about this camp and this hunting area, I will be very grateful.

Welcome to the forum avat. Hopefully someone will have some info for you here. Good luck on your hunt.

nd

Hi avat,
Welcome to the forum. As nd said, i'm sure someone here will be able to help you. All the best for your hunt!

Best Regards
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

avat, welcome, there is alot of knowledge on this site. I have learned alot just by, reading about these guys experiences in Africa. Again, welcome and I'm sure you'll love it here.

Welcome to AH avat!

Bubye Valley Conservancy (Lemco) in Zimbabwe

watermark.php

Map of Zimbabwe identifying the location of Bubye Valley Conservancy

Formerly known as the Lemco safari area, the Bubye Valley Conservancy covers over one million acres of southern Zimbabwe. This renowned sweetveld region is privately owned and run, purchased by Liebigs (later Lemco) at the turn of the 20th century. It is where the great hunters of the late 1800's came to hunt. This Conservancy is made up of three areas consisting of the Main Conservancy, Ripple Creek and Malangani which have been hunted for the last twelve years. Bubye Valley can be reached in three hours by road from Bulawayo or by charter aircraft from anywhere in Zimbabwe.

Having once been home to the largest and most diverse variety of game to be found in the country, the Conservancy has been restored to its' former splendor with the addition of Elephant and Zimbabwe's remaining Black Rhino population. Considered a premier hunting destination in Africa, the Bubye Valley is home to several exclusive private hunting camps that operate in this vast area with no internal fences. Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Elephant, Rhino, Cheetah, in all over 30 species can be found roaming the reserve. Poaching has been on the rise in the Bubye Valley Conservancy due to human encroachment...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is it. I fly to Zimbabwe in then days. My PH is mr. Kevin Thomas, and I am shore that the time that I spend in Bubye Valley Conservancy will be great. I am very grateful to people on AH for all information about the country, animals, hunt and area. After the hunt, I will be very happy to show you the pictures of my hunt.

Dobra kob (on Croatian that means good luck in the hunt)

Good luck with your hunt.
Let us in on your story when you get back.

Welcome to the forum, Avat.

Dobra kob !

Good Luck on your hunt! Kevin Thomas is a excellent PH! Welcome to AH!

Welcome AVAT to AH with the info you have gotten makes me wish I was tagging along on the hunt. Please fill us in when you get back. Good luck on your hunt.

Welcome Avat to AH. I can only add my two cents worth here and support Enysse with regards his comments about Kevin Thomas. I recently booked a safari with him for 2012 after doing extensive research about outfitters. After making an enquiry with Kevin, I received within 24 hours a planned itinerary along with information regarding my safari that made me feel that I was already in Africa.

The professionalism of the presentation I received from him left me in awe. I then made contact with people that have hunted with Kevin during his illustrious hunting career which nearly spans 40 years now, the comments I received left me in awe of this great hunter.

We all look forward to hearing about your trip on this forum and know it will be a memorable one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg