Greeetings! and in need of some assitance

pcrage

Reaction score
Greetings to all:

My name is Peter and I now live in Ohio, USA. I am new to this site.

I am interested in booking a safari hunt soon for 2012. I am interested in a variety of plains game species and cape buffalo.

Although I plan to spend some time researching this helpful site, any advice you could provide regarding the best areas, highly rated guides/outfitters and other information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and happy holidays.

Peter

Peter,
Welcome to the site. There is a lot of good information that can be found here. There are many good spots in througout Africa to hunt plains game and cape buffalo. Most often Zimbabwe or Tanzania will come to the front as destinations for the type of safari you are interested in. There are a lot of good operators in both of these countries. What are your primary interests in regards to plains game species.

Welcome Peter to AH you will find a lot of info here check the directory for the type of hunts you want to do it can give you a lot of good ideas, I like the East Cape myself plenty of game to hunt. Bob

Hi Peter

Welcome to the forum!

One piece of advice make sure that the species you will be targeting are native to the area that way trophy quality should not be a problem and it will certainly add to the quality of your hunting experience as a whole.

Take your time and enjoy planning your hunt it is all part of the whole experience.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can help with.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Hello Peter,

Welcome to the site. You wil certainly find all the information you are looking for right here on the site. Enjoy planning your hunt and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any help in planning your dream hunt.

Best regards,

Welcome to AH Peter!

If cape buffalo is your primary target there are many choices. Anywhere from the Caprivi strip in Namabia to the eastern plains of tanzania. There are many outstanding PHs and camp avaiable.
I would make a list of prioritys and then start eliminating places and outfitters.

example: how important is price? Zimbabwe will almost certianly be cheaper than Tanzania.

What are you primary plains game animals?
Do you want a more traditional tent camp or chalets?
Do you want to do some tiger fishing or sight seeing? I hear Victoria Falls is truley spectacular.

Decide what you want as an over all experince first then research and ask questions.

Hi Peter!
Great to have you on board. You have come to the right place. Looking forward seeing you you around.

All the best,
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

Welcome to the forum Peter. Lots of good info here.

nd

Peter ~ Welcome to AH! If you have any specific questions on airfare, pricing, etc. don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome to AH, a good site with lots of information to plan your trip. There are some good areas in southern Africa for a combination buffalo and plains game hunt. If you need more advice you are welcome to contact me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouveniaBo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!