Got a friend going to Vic Falls with questions

Discussion in 'Before & After the Hunt' started by Cliffy, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    He's looking at the Vic Falls Hotel Is it good enough for a few days?
    What is "upgraded" if he gets a suite? Just a bigger bed?
    What is the "Boma Experience" and the "Jungle Junction"? Should he go there?
    Is the "Livinston Room" worth a dinner of elegance?
    Thanks for any recent reports

2. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Cliff,
    Check out "The Gorges" owned by Mark Butcher of Matapula Safaris. He'll love the place and the people. Beautiful and a lot more personable.

3. Ole Bally

Ole Bally AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe
    There's lots of options in the Falls. If he wants to mix with Hunters, Ultimate Lodge is a good one, Gorges also provides a great experience!

4. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    And there's so much fun stuff to do as well..the tram ride to the bridge, elephant-back tours, the jet boat, balloon tours, horse back tours, the river boat and..bungi !

5. spike.t

spike.t GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc
    Hunted:
    zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe, hungary, france, england
    if Butchers in the bar watch out for low flying ice cubes!!! :laughing::beer:

6. Ole Bally

Ole Bally AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe
    You'll have to find out what's going on there now! Dunno that the jet boats working, nor the tram ride..never went on that....But there's Elephant rides, walks with Lions, Bungi, white water rafting, gorge swings, chopper rides, golf with wild critters on the course, tiger fishing and all kinds of other stuff!

7. spike.t

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc
    Hunted:
    ilala lodge is a good place. you can walk to most places from it, inc the falls themselves. been 5 or 6 years since i have been to the zim side and i hope things are better there now, it was bad to see how the place had deteriorated with the down fall of the economy. as i said things have to be better now.

8. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    Bungi Jump? Yaa Right! I saw the gal drop to the river when the rope broke a few years ago. Swimming with Nile crocs is NOT my idea of fun. Passing all the info to my friend. :)

9. Ole Bally

Ole Bally AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe
    Cliffy, What's the problem? You'll stalk Buffalo and Elephant on foot, walk with Lions, get into bar fights over you can't remember what, but you won't swim with crocs?! Sheesh! man where's your sense of adventure?! I think you just failed your "Bear Grylles - adventure swimming - Boy scouts badge! :stirring:

10. spike.t

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc
    Hunted:
    Ole bally that sounds more like being in the falls on the piss with Gomez than anything else :draught:

11. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    And to think I "lettered" on swim team in the inter-schoolastic swim meets no less! :)
    Now if I could walk ( run) on water? Maybe this guy "Gomez" can teach me?

12. Buff-Buster

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Ahhhh...Spike! I see you must know Butch like I do!!:crazylol:

13. spike.t

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc
    Hunted:
    i have had a few sessions in various bars over the years with him, and been evicted as well due to him, for which i will return the compliment one day :heh:

14. Nevada Wapati

Nevada Wapati AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI, NAHC, RMEF, NBU, WSF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, RSA
    My family and I stayed in a suite at the Ilala Lodge this past summer. It was quite large, comfortable and had a great view of the mist over the falls.

For activities we had dinners at The Boma and a Sunset Dinner River Cruise. Also did the zip line and a helecopter ride over the falls. We had a great time with all the activities and reccommend all.

We booked our stay and activities though Boo Peel at Victoria Falls Travel Guide. Check their website out, it has tons of info on Victoria Falls and the surrounding areas. I highly recommend her services, everything was so smooth with no problems.

Victoria Falls Travel Guide

15. Buff-Buster

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    I as well, but I can't think of a finer person to get thrown o:shiner::beer:ut with!