Good news on USFWS ruling on oryx, addax and dama gazelle

Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
Limpopo, Eastern Cape,Natal
Saw this on another forum and thought I would share the good new!!!!

To all EWA Members,

Of all the alerts that have ever been sent to our membership, this is the one that will be the most memorable and satisfying. The following has been voted on and approved by the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate and has been sent to President Barrack Obama for his signature:

Antelope Rule
Section 127. Before the end of the 60-day period beginning on the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary of the Interior shall reissue the final rule published on September 2, 2005 (70 Fed. Reg. 52310 et seq.) without regard to any other provision of statute or regulation that applies to issuance of such rule.

After 4 long years of disappointing court battles, setbacks in Congress, the President of the United States is expected to sign into law a provision that will place the "Three Species" (Scimitar Horned Oryx, Dama Gazelle, and Addax Antelope) back under the September 02, 2005 provision, within the Endangered Species Act, that exempted these U.S. born animals from the onerous confines of the very act that was suppose to protect them from extinction but in actuality has had a detrimental effect. Sixty (60) days from today our owners of one or more of these three species will no longer be required to obtain a Captive Breeders Wildlife Permit or the accompanying Export/Import/Interstate and Foreign Commerce/Take of Animals ("Take") permit to buy, sell, trade across state lines or to manage their herd through commercial hunting.

This has been a long, hard and expensive battle and the Exotic Wildlife Association can never thank those associations and individuals enough that have been in this fight with your association since the very beginning. First and foremost Congressman John (Judge) Carter (R) District 31, Texas, Congressman Pete Session (R) District 32, Texas, Chairman of the House Rules Committee, and Ken Calvert, Chairman of the Interior Appropriations Subcommittee who were all instrumental in introducing this bill into the U.S. House of Representatives and Senator John Cornyn (R) Texas who helped carry this bill into the U.S. Senate. A special thanks to EWA lobbyists John Blount and Liz Williams of Tauzin Consultants, who worked relentlessly on this issue as well as Dallas Safari Club lobbyist, Glenn LeMunyon. Our thanks to Jeff Crane of the Congressional Sportsman's Foundation, Safari Club International and their attorney Anna Seidman, Jim Baker, Director of Federal Affairs for the National Rifle Association and the North American Deer Farmers Association for monetary contributions to EWA's legal and congressional battles.

The EWA owes a tremendous debt of gratitude to the members of this association, who have stood together with your directors and staff with, not only financial support, but the relentless pursuit and the encouragement to continue this fight to the very end. Though we, as an association, have won a major victory today, the true winners and recipients of this Congressional mandate are the three species. This will insure the future of these three magnificent animals for generations to come.

Again on behalf of the Exotic Wildlife Association's directors and staff, thank each of you for your continued support.

Charly Seale
Executive Director
(830) 928-3158
charly@myewa.org

Brian

that appears to be good news..

I'll believe it when it's signed.

A very good step in the right direction for the folks who have invested so much into these species.

X2

I only wish this had happened 60 days sooner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!