spekieries

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SA Hunters
Hunted
RSA
My name is Anton and I am a keen hunter. I have hunted most plains game in SA. I hope to learn a lot from my new found friends.

Welcom spekieries, you will love it here.

Welcome to the forum, Anton.

Anton welcome to AH...

Where do you do most of your hunting?

Welcome to AH Anton! We would enjoy some of your stories of hunting in Africa.

Welcome to AH and likewise, I hope to learn from you.

Welcome to AH!

James

I like hunting the hard bushveld. Most farmers distinguish between the hard and soft bushveld by the vegetation. The area of the Waterberg (Nylstroom) with it's Raasblaar and Fluweelwilg(Velvet bushwillow) can be considered soft bushveld. Closer to the Limpopo river you wil start finding Mopanie, Sickle Bush and Rooibos(Red bushwillow) This area will be considered the Hard Bushveld.

I have a cousin with a cattle farm close to Makado where we often hunt. Places where I have hunted in the Bushveld are: Melkrivier, Ellisras, Thabazimbi, Baltimore, Legkraal, Mussina, Venetia Mines,All Days, Vaalwater and once as a Non-hunter on a ele hunt in the Sapi hunting concession in ZIM.

Every third or fourth year we hunt Springbuck and Blesbuck up in the Karoo. This year we hunted Noupoort, close to Middelburg.

Welcome to AH Anton! Looking forward to reading your posts...

Welcome Anton, hope you enjoy this site
Dries

James

I like hunting the hard bushveld. Most farmers distinguish between the hard and soft bushveld by the vegetation. The area of the Waterberg (Nylstroom) with it's Raasblaar and Fluweelwilg(Velvet bushwillow) can be considered soft bushveld. Closer to the Limpopo river you wil start finding Mopanie, Sickle Bush and Rooibos(Red bushwillow) This area will be considered the Hard Bushveld.

I have a cousin with a cattle farm close to Makado where we often hunt. Places where I have hunted in the Bushveld are: Melkrivier, Ellisras, Thabazimbi, Baltimore, Legkraal, Mussina, Venetia Mines,All Days, Vaalwater and once as a Non-hunter on a ele hunt in the Sapi hunting concession in ZIM.

Every third or fourth year we hunt Springbuck and Blesbuck up in the Karoo. This year we hunted Noupoort, close to Middelburg.

Welkom boertjie! ('Welcome Boertjie' - Afrikaner greet)
I have also hunted kudu in Ellisras and Thabazimbi - way back when i was in highschool.
Glad to have you here on AH - let us know about your hunting experiences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,