Get $150 off per day and get to hunt BIG Kudu

Discussion in 'GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide' started by CT Safaris, Sep 3, 2013.

1. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe Mozambique, USA
    [​IMG]

We got the kudu bull in the picture above a couple of weeks ago in a new area I just recently acquired hunting rights to. The longer horn measured 59" - The shorter one 56.5". This 5,000 acre ranch hasn't been hunted for 3 years and during our hunt we saw several other kudu bulls that we just couldn't get a shot at due to a self-imposed maximum shooting distance of 20 yards by my client. (Hunt report by hunter to follow soon).

Anyone interested in a short notice hunt on the same property for this year still? The ranch is situated roughly 2.5 hours drive North-West from Johannesburg and has good Impala, Red Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest etc.

I am offering one hunt at a reduced rate of $300p/d instead of my regular rate of $450p/d. Reason for making this offer is because animals need to be taken off this year and if we don't do this by hunting we will have to employ the services of a Game Capturer - which I would prefer not to do. I am giving clients a break on daily rates - not so much on trophy fees because the trophy quality of the species mentioned is exceptional and worth the price.

Trophy Fees for this ranch only:

Impala - $300
    Red Hartebeest - $1,300
    Blue Wildebeest - $900
    Kudu <60" - $2,500
    Kudu >60" - $3,750
    Sable - $9,000
    Buffalo - 9,500

Other game also available on nearby concessions at my regular trophy fees as advertised on my website.

This ranch was developed as a bow hunting only ranch with 4 permanent blinds over waterholes. Rifle hunting may be permitted provided a silenced rifle (we have one available) is used.

Attached Files:

2. NDwildlifebio

NDwildlifebio AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Boone and Crockett Club, Pope and Young Club, NRA, Mule Deer Foundation, Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation, Foundation for North American Wild Sheep
    Hunted:
    United States, Canada, South Africa
    Nobody has replied to this fantastic offer yet? Pity! They sure are missing out! I can vouch for that!
  3. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico

Chris's offer is great but...

I do not think this farmer/rancher is helping himself out any.

4. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    You may have a point Brick... Although this offer is aimed at serious trophy hunters who are willing to pay extra for opportunities at high quality trophy animals.

FWIW I'll break it down further (and add a little more discount):

Kudu <55" - $2,000
    Kudu 55 - 60" - $2,500
    Kudu >60" - $3,500

Important to remember as far as this offer is concerned:

If someone wanted to hunt kudu with the "possibility" of seeing a monster and shooting it there are many options out there. Right here from my own place we can hunt free range kudu for $2,000 and there are some monsters in the area. BUT, there are no guarantees you'll see a really big one (in spite of them being there). In my areas in KZN and the EC we can also hunt kudu for even less than $2,000 but chances of getting a 60" bull in KZN are slim and in the EC almost nil.

What we are dealing with on the ranch where this hunt is being offered is a property that hasn't been hunted for 3 years. I know what the trophy potential is on this ranch and I know that whoever takes me up on this offer will get an opportunity at a kudu bull in the high 50's - even 60's.

So if there is anyone out there who would like an honest chance at getting an exceptional kudu and is willing to pay for it - this offer is for him / her. If you "just" want a kudu - there are cheaper options...

Best,
  5. Rob44

Rob44 BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
    Chris Why don,t you Lure a couple of those 60 plus to your area and hide them til next May:D
  6. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss SPONSOR AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    Chris great offer, I find it strange that some hunters would pay 8k for an elk but would consider 3k to high for a Kudu......guess I lack the logic, by cutting your daily rates you have made a very attractive deal and a fair one at that for a quality safari...

You just sweetened it by reducing it a little more :):):):) for sure. Hope these go fast enlightened hunters should jump on this.

Good luck andcenjoy the rest of your season.

My best always
  7. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    Jaco +1

Best to you and enjoy what's left of the season too!
  8. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    As a kudu hunter, this is a fine offer, some one should take a serious look at it!
  9. sanderson0203

sanderson0203 AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC life member, SCI
    Hunted:
    Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, Alaska, Namibia
    These are good prices and a great chance at taking that magical "60 incher" for some lucky hunter(s). Am I reading that buffalo price correctly? Is that the total price for a cape buffalo bull with no additional costs that I usually see on the price?
  10. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    Correct, actually - all and all this is one helluva deal
  11. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
    Great offer Chris, I would sure love one of those bulls.

Jaco, Kudu hunting is great but until you experience the cat and mouse game of getting in close to a rut enraged bull Elk tearing up the brush, screaming back at you and finally charging in with mangled shrubs and branches swinging from its horns looking for a fight, you may not truly understand the adrenalin rush Elk hunting provides. They may not be dangerous but they sure put on a show. If you ever get the opportunity you would be wise to seize it and try an Elk hunt, you would not regret it.
  12. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss SPONSOR AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    diamond, by no way or shape or form am or will I ever insinuate that Elk hunting is not an awesome experience,

I was purely comparing in my mind apples with apples, I could rephrase though... I find it amazing that some hunters will pay $up to $30 000 for a white tail but $3K for a Kudu would be considered over the top...

Not to hijack, Chris's Thread but some reason, some hunters feel that Africa is worth hunting on a steal, often such hunters learn the hard way....

Then again maybe it's our (African Outfitters) own fault as we are driving the overall Price/worth, of our own product down..... due to countless donations, and some I would have to say, absolutely weird prices I have seen.... I honestly do not know how guys run properties, camps, vehicles, pay staff and keep good well experienced trustworthy PH's and trackers for long periods, and entertain their clients or run their operations for years and or decades on certain pricing structures....

It boggles my mind especially at fuel running at around $5.20 to almost $6 a gallon to name but one small little cost factor... but one...!

BUT SERIOUSLY CHRIS ONCE AGAIN A GOOD OFFER FROM A SERIOUSLY REPUTABLE OUTFITTER.

MY BEST ALWAYS
  13. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    Jacob, spot on - as always!

Here is a short video that shows the trophy potential on this ranch.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  14. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    It' ain't gonna get any cheaper that this!

I am going to offer one more 1X1 hunt at a discounted price.

Here are the details:

Arrival day - $150
    7 Hunting days - @ $200pd = $1,400
    Sub Total - $1,550
    Tax - $217
    Total - $1,767

Trophy fees as per my first post.

This offer is now open to bow hunters only. Exception will be made for those in pursuit of Buffalo and/or Sable where rifle hunting will be allowed.

This is a $250 per day discount on my regular rates and under cost!

If you want an honest chance at superb Kudu, Sable, hard bossed Buffalo or high quality specimens of all the species in the original offer this is your chance.

Note: this is not a hunt for "the kudu", "the buffalo", "the sable" etc. There are many animals to choose from and the expected trophy quality is not below average or average. It is HIGH with no restriction on size.

One hunt offered at this price only. First to sign a contract and pay a deposit gets it.

Tire-kickers please don't bother replying or writing.

[​IMG]

Best,

Attached Files:

15. gillettehunter

gillettehunter AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Kyrgyzstan South Africa
    Great deal on this. Anyone going should have a great time. I'm booked up for 14 or I'd have to think hard about this one. Bruce
  16. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    Now that is a great deal from a well known outfitter!
    It doesn't get any better than this.
  17. NDwildlifebio

NDwildlifebio AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Boone and Crockett Club, Pope and Young Club, NRA, Mule Deer Foundation, Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation, Foundation for North American Wild Sheep
    Hunted:
    United States, Canada, South Africa
    I had an absolutely MAGNIFICENT time hunting this beautiful property with Chris Troskie in August and can attest to the trophy quality of the animals there and to the potential for great bowhunting action and success as well. I can assure you Chris works his hardest to ensure you will shoot the trophies you hope to and you WILL NOT go wrong in any way by purchasing this great hunt he is offering - whether you are lucky enough to be the one to get this fantastic deal or whether you pay full price! I'd buy it, but, well, I already had committed to a second bowhunt with Chris just as soon as my first ended! :)
  18. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    Karen, thanks for the vote of confidence! You have been there and know what is to be expected.

The reduced daily rate hunt I offered has provisionally been sold and the client and I are finalizing details. If anything changes I will get in touch with those who missed out on the opportunity this time.

Thank you very much to those who wrote to me and enquired about the hunt. Unfortunately I could only offer one hunt at this price and as communicated with you privately the hunt was sold on first come - first served basis.

If there are any other serious bow hunters out there please feel welcome to contact me. Due to popular demand I have been expanding my bow hunting operation and am now offering bow hunts in exclusive areas throughout South Africa.

Thanks again.

Chris
  19. JGRaider

JGRaider AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    B&C
    Hunted:
    US, Mexico, S Africa, Namibia
    Always love to hear outfitters use the phrase "free range" while at the same time the hunt is conducted behind a 5000 acre high fence..........
  20. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    Mr Raider please enlighten me... Where or when did use the term "free range" or imply that this was a free range hunt in any of my posts regarding this hunt?