JPbowhunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
G'day lads,
I'm 22 and have been hunting my whole life. Do a bit of fishing and hunting foxes and hares with my running dogs but mostly just a mad keen big game hunter, especially deer. I've been pretty lucky to have taken some really nice trophy animals already and I look forward to all the adventures to come.
Like most people my dream is to hunt Africa. I grew up in a less than wealthy family so it always seemed a dream though now I've finished studying and have a job I'm determined to save up and do it one day. Have a big list of African animals to get through!

I hunt with rifle and bow and love both, though the challenge with a bow is an awesome feeling.

I'm just about to start writing for an Australian hunting magazine called "Australian Deer Hunter Magazine" so if you get that keep an eye out over the next few months. I'm also sponsored by an archery company which is great as I get to use a lot of their products here.

Next year I'm hopefully also going to start doing a bit of guiding though it's only high fenced stuff for big reds and fallow targetting bow hunters who want to try big animals. Not ideal but it's a start that will hopefully one day lead on to bigger and better things in guiding.

Looking forward to getting to know a few like minded people and chat about all things hunting as well as some bullshit.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
gday welcome and enjoy the site .
where abouts are you from in aus.
im an east gippslander
this is the place to start meeting like minded hunters who love African adventures .
there quiet a few aussies on here from time to time
im sure you will enjot this forum mate

Welcome to AH! Your well on your way to filling your dreams and you've found the right site to search. Enjoy the site but more so enjoy the hunt. btw all bullshit welcome. :laughing:

Bluey - I'm from Western Vic mate so not too far away. Looks like a good forum, keen to get to know a few blokes.

Bob - That's what I wanna hear!

Welcome to AH.
Another Bow hunter to join the fraternity.

Welcome,you will enjoy the site looking forward to your input.Dont dream of Africa just do it!

Welcome to the site. Good luck with the new Job and the stalking, and i hope you can fullfill that dream of hunting Africa sooner than later
Best Regards

Welcome to AH JPbowhunter!

Last edited:
Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg