Game Farm In Botswana Wanted

panther

Reaction score
Im looking for a game farm in Botswana to buy. Interested in freehold, but will consider leasehold as well.

Hello Panther,

I cant promise you anything but i have some really good friends who farm in Botswana and have so for generations maybe they can help you , ill ask them for info...

Please email me ( email is in my signature below ).

Please let me know some more details eg : size range , area. Are you willing to look into farms that are not high fenced ?

regards owen

Hello Panther,

I cant promise you anything but i have some really good friends who farm in Botswana and have so for generations maybe they can help you , ill ask them for info...

Please let me know some more details eg : size range , area. Are you willing to look into farms that are not high fenced ?

regards owen

hi Owen,

I am looking for 2 to 5000 hectares of freehold land, between 10 to 20000 hectares, if its leasehold land. Water source is very important. The location is not very important. Am open to cattle farms ready to be converted to game farms or readily available farms as well.

Regards,

Panther.

Thanks Panther,

I sent them a message , hope they reply ! I will let you know.

cheers owen

Im looking for a game farm in Botswana to buy. Interested in freehold, but will consider leasehold as well.

PM sent

Bill Quimby

Game Farm in Botswana wanted/reply

Panther, contact me if you are interested to invest in a large game farm in Botswana. I am looking for an investor. Farm size. 57600 Ha. Contact me and i will explain development plans.
Hein

GAME FARM IN BOTSWANA/ INVESTORS WANTED

I am looking for investors to buy in on a large game farm ( 57600 Ha ) in Botswana.
please reply to my e mail.
Hein Otto

This was some of the best general information on property ownership in Botswana that I found in my searches.

General information on owning property in Botswana.

General

The best option for any foreigner to buy a farm / property in Botswana is on the 90 year lease system. We register the farm in a dormant company and the previous owner then signs a contract that transfers his 100% to the new owner(s) of the company in which the farm is registered. Its a normal shares transfer. When the lease period is coming to an end the current owner(s) has first option to renew the lease period for a further 50 years. If you want to sell the farm it is once again just a share transfer transaction.

The only other cost is that you have to pay 70 Thebe per hectare per year to the government for the use of the farm. There are no transfer duty to be paid on the 90 year lease system. Only attorney fees.

Property Registration

Registration of a company is about between P2,500 and P3,500 per company and about P100 per extra function you want to register.

During the registration process the client's money lies in his own business bank account. As soon as the registration is complete we organise a bank guaranteed cheque for the attorney. The money in the account serves as a guarantee for the attorney.

Interest on money in Botswana bank accounts is at about 12% per year. Attorneys in Botswana do not get any interest on trust money. You have to have a turnover of P300,000 to qualify for taxation.

Permits

As soon as you invest P50,000 into your companies account, you and your family automatically qualify for residential and working permits. It usually takes about 6 weeks after the transaction for the permits to be ready. Dependants (18 years and younger) does not qualify for a working permit. When the age of 18 is reached the person's employer can apply for him/her for a working permit OR the director can sign 1% of his shares off to this person so that he/she can qualify for a working permit.

If you apply at immigration for the permits it costs about P1,500. We use a consultant who worked at Labour and Immigration for years. This person asks P4,500 per director, but then it is basically guaranteed that you will get the permits. Any dependant pays only P500. Permits are valid for 5 years. After ten years you can choose between citizenship or to only be a permanent resident.

Import Taxes

Import tax is 10% on all new goods. Old goods are also 10% but you have to make a "dummy invoice" that declares the value of the goods, so it basically depends on you.

Hunting

An open game farm (a farm that isnt closed off with game fence) gets a POT licence. On such a farm you are only capable to hunt a certain amount of game per year from the second week in March to the second week in September.

Where as if you close the farm off with game fence, you are entitled to hunt any amount, any time of the year and qualify for exemption. Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Rhinos and Buffalos need permit even if you have exemption on the farm. You will only get one permit for a lion every two years. Buffalos can only be hunted in the Okavango Delta.

Permit prices:

Leopard P10,000
Elephant P20,000
Buffalo P20,000
Lion P30,000
Building Cost

Building cost is round about P3,000 per square meter.

Cattle fence: 1.4 meters high with 5 strands - about P5,000 per km, which includes the labour and materials. Game fence: 2.4 meters high with 21 strands - about P15,000 per km, which includes the materials and labour.

Salaries

Salaries for farm workers are about P900 per month per worker. P600 is paid in cash and the other P300 is usually given in maize, tea, sugar, coffee and tobacco.

Panther,

Please contact me regarding Game Farm in Botswana. I am looking for investors for 60 000 ha Fully game fenced farm with 5 boreholes and approx 1300 heads of game. I am looking for 30 investors to invest US$ 1.65 Million each. Each investor will get full use of his own lodge that will be erected for him with his investment Capital and will get a quota game to be hunted annually/ Fifty years leasehold, with first option to renew after fifty years expire. Contact me heinotto@yahoo.com

Just a question I thought I heard that Botswana had voted to curtail most hunting including plains game just recently. I could be wrong but I thought I heard that a month or 2 ago.

Just a question I thought I heard that Botswana had voted to curtail most hunting including plains game just recently. I could be wrong but I thought I heard that a month or 2 ago.

I think that apply for public land. Not for private gamefarms.

Panther,

Please contact me regarding Game Farm in Botswana. I am looking for investors for 60 000 ha Fully game fenced farm with 5 boreholes and approx 1300 heads of game. I am looking for 30 investors to invest US$ 1.65 Million each. Each investor will get full use of his own lodge that will be erected for him with his investment Capital and will get a quota game to be hunted annually/ Fifty years leasehold, with first option to renew after fifty years expire. Contact me heinotto@yahoo.com

$49.5 million total, if i managed to push the correct buttons on my calculator after being out for dinner. so there will be 30 lodges built on the property? who pays the running costs etc for the first 50 years, and then the next 50? they will be very nice on a place that size :wow: and why no info about yourself under your profile page? :thinking:

Wolverine I think you're right now that I think back Thanks

I think that apply for public land. Not for private gamefarms.

That 20 mile perimeter to the parks were the guys that will be effected most.
They still know they have to hunt Elephants though.

Would 8000 Acres with a lodge, malaria free, pool and plenty more that is located on the Eastern Coast interest you? The animals are well cared for, and the property is fenced in.
This would be a direct purchase from the owner.
Please contact me at cecollier72@gmail.com

Would 8000 Acres with a lodge, malaria free, pool and plenty more that is located on the Eastern Coast interest you? The animals are well cared for, and the property is fenced in.
This would be a direct purchase from the owner.
Please contact me at cecollier72@gmail.com

That was to read the eastern CAPE...

IMG-20210111-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20210111-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20210111-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20210111-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20210111-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20210111-WA0004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Panther,

regards owen
Farm is 5 by 10 kilometers ,it's located 107 kilometers from Gaborone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg